Blog post of my recent motorcycle trip to Apalachicola, FL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice report!

I rode through Apalachacola 2 years ago and of course I had to stop for oysters. Don't remember the name but you had to go upstairs to the second floor. Overlooked the bay and the oysters were sublime. That was the one grand luxury on that trip though. Day 1 was Idaho Falls to near Amarillo, day 2 to Vicksburg, day 3 on to Miami with a great meal along the way. On the Tenere.

Brought back recent memories of a cross country trip that took me through the Destin area, and of another ridden long ago that brought me to Panama City on a cold winter's evening...

Thanks!

Thanks for the ride report. I haven't been to Destin since over 30 years ago and I'm sure it's changed A LOT since then. But I imagine the beautiful white powder sand is still the same. ;) Heading that way on a cross country motorcycle trip in 3 years after my wife retires and look forward to trying out your oyster house recommendations. :)

Outstanding! Been to every one of those places a dozen times or more and your write up just makes me want to go back right now! Excellent report bama!