Rider down - Frushlorton - on the way home from EOM 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Starting a thread for this - so we can post updates and info.

Short story is that Steve went down about 5 miles from home yesterday (Sunday) on the way home from EOM. Details below - he is resting but in ICU.

Please keep Steve, his wife and family, in your thoughts and prayers.

Wayne

Posted from Steve's wife:

This is Mrs. Frushlorton, I hope I am putting this in the right area...Steve made it almost home when he was involved in an accident. A vehicle pulled out immediately in front of him, causing him to collide with the vehicle's left front wheel before sliding 60 feet down the road. While at the meeting this weekend, Steve told me of the fun he was having, and how much he truly enjoyed meeting many of you. I know this forum means a lot to him and he would want you all to know...my daughter has begun a caring bridge journal for anyone interested in getting updates on his condition. The link to that is:https://www.caringbri...sit/stevemyers2 I hope everyone else made it home safely. Take care, Tammy
From the caring bridge link:

By Stephanie Myers — 11 hours ago

For those who don't know, dad (Steve Myers) was in a motorcycle accident today. He had been on a weekend trip with a group from his motorcycle forum, he was less than 5 miles from home when a car pulled out in front of him. We are still a little unsure of all details of the accident, but when first responders got to him, he had slid 60 feet from his bike. (Will update with details of the accident as dad pieces it together.)
There are many people that are praying for and concerned about dad, so I hope to be able to update this website so that for anyone concerned can find out what is going on.
So here is what we know:
Dad has a lacerated lung and lacerated spleen; the spleen was causing internal bleeding, so he just had an embolism and procedure to stop the bleeding. They put coils in in hopes to keep the blood flow away from the spleen so that hopefully it will be able to heal on its own, without further surgery. Along with these lacerations he has, a bruised liver and bruised lung. He also has slight broken ribs, and a fractured scapula.
dad is currently in ICU and being monitored, from here within the next 24 hours they hope to move him out of ICU to the other side of the hospital, where he will stay for a few days depending on his progress.
Dad is in a lot of pain and we ask for your prayer, that he is able to rest and that the pain lessens. These injuries make it hard to breath and he is in a lot of pain. Will continue to update with any new information we get.

email sent - I have a number from the EOM registration info - will verify it's a good contact and get it to you.

I wish I had their number. Wondering if he needs anyone to get anything off the bike for him. I will head to the hospital after work to see if I can get in to see him or meet his wife or daughter.

Sorry to hear the news. Sending along wishes for a complete and speedy recovery, and hope to see you again soon at some future FJR event.

Gina & Paul

email sent - I have a number from the EOM registration info - will verify it's a good contact and get it to you.

I wish I had their number. Wondering if he needs anyone to get anything off the bike for him. I will head to the hospital after work to see if I can get in to see him or meet his wife or daughter.
Me too please... he and I had a really nice talk or two this past weekend... I'd like to reach out to him and his family given I've kinda been where he's at.

Update from is daughter:

By Stephanie Myers — 35 minutes ago

Dad was able to get some rest through the night. Still having lots of pain due to the ribs and internal trauma to the left side. They have been monitoring dad all night, so far all of his blood work has come back perfect, which leaves them to believe the bleeding in the spleen is stopping. Still hopeful for a step down to a normal room by days end.
They are bathing him now and getting him fitted for a sling for his shoulder. They are getting him set up with a pillow to hold on to to help when he coughs and takes deep breaths. They are trying to get him in a seated position, they think that will help him to expand his lungs and help him to breath easier and take deeper breaths.
Pray for comfort and for easier breathing.
We are so thankful for all the love and support everyone has showed our family. My dad truly is a very special wonderful man and he is very loved, we have some great friends and family.

I just spoke to Tammy (Steve's wife). She knows we are here for her and Steve, that Bob is close by and has offered assistance. She is going to let me know when Steve is at a point for visitors and calls.

Wayne

Sorry to hear of this casualty, and so near to home. Steve is apparently in good hands with his family and friends, and I hope he is able to rejoin us soon.