• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld fall down - I need some good (straight) Gen1 parts. I'm OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
- here's the story - I was puttering along (10 - 15 mph) in a line of traffic on my way into work this AM when the car in front of me slowed very quickly. I grabbed a handful of front brake and the front end just washed out. The damp road may have contributed to it. The bike flopped over on the left side and slid a bit into the concrete divider wall hitting the front fairing just above the headlight. I slid a bit too and suffered a lot less damage. Picked it up, lashed the broke windshield to my rack and drove the short distance to work.

For a Gen1, I need:

a straight front subframe

left panel that surrounds the glovebox

the metal bracket that windshield screws attach into

an alternator cover.

The panel and cover can be scratched - I can repaint them.

PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks a bunch!

Geez, that stinks but glad you're OK. I'll let you know if I can find any parts somewhere...

Sorry to hear of your incident, but glad you're OK. Can't help with the parts, as I'm just an FJR FNG.

Last edited by a moderator:
scratches on bike = ok

scratches on body = not ok

glad you didn't throw your body between the bike and divider to protect the bike.

..that's something 'zilla would do, you know?

Sorry for your mishap G, but glad you're okay 'southern-tier neighbor'. Good luck w your repairs, with your ingenuity it prob will be quite quick (i hope!).

Thanks for all your concerns. I'm fine. I've still got lots of "Friggin' Red" paint left. I've heard it's tough to TIG weld human body parts together....
rolleyes.gif

Alternator cover, are you referring to the one on the left side of the bike? If so, I have a scratched one, you can have. If you like I can send you pictures first.