FJR Pilot...riding it like he stole it.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernCruizer

Is it Beer:30 yet?
Reaction score
from Killboy.com website last week...anyone here?

Nice sparkles..

sparking%20fjr_zpsjhgu8uev.jpg

Don't recognize the license plate.

What's the wraparound bar at the bottom of his/her rear fender?

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody mentioned dragging the center stand by pushing it down gently, which sounds pretty sketchy but got my brain revolving.

[Now where is there high-quality pavement that won't snag the thing ..... because I'll need to practice ..... and 35 mph may be good to start with .... and who can I call to witness and provide feedback about sparks ..... and they should probably be Red Cross certified in first aid and CPR .... and wouldn't it be AWESOME to do this in the dark ....]

At least the guy in the picture has nice gear to check out when he wrecks it!! Should hold up well.

I gotta ask some ES owners, doesn't the suspension have a setting to prevent this? I have ridden behind Allen a lot and he feathers the tires all the way over and I have never seen him "slam" it down like that! I know he could, but bump up the settings. Maybe he has gold bars in the bags.

Don't use your interrogation skills against me!! :) .

If it isn't, he needs to do sumptin about that. More power to the dude for riding it the way he can. Looks awful close to levering off the the rubber.

Allen_C mentioned (pillow talk at Hooterville) that if you set the ES preload to "2-up + luggage", it will raise the rear end about 2 inches, providing a bit more clearance for the hard parts, or SPCEs [Spark Producing Chassis Elements].

I haven't checked anything, but the Allen_C Theorem of ES Operability makes sense, and when I adjusted from "2-up + luggage" for Hooterville riding to "1-up + no luggage" for the 8-hour highway ride home from SE Mizzou, I could feel the saddle height drop.

Allen_C mentioned (pillow talk at Hooterville) that if you set the ES preload to "2-up + luggage", it will raise the rear end about 2 inches, providing a bit more clearance for the hard parts, or SPCEs [Spark Producing Chassis Elements].

I haven't checked anything, but the Allen_C Theorem of ES Operability makes sense, and when I adjusted from "2-up + luggage" for Hooterville riding to "1-up + no luggage" for the 8-hour highway ride home from SE Mizzou, I could feel the saddle height drop.
The total range of preload adjustment from solo to "2-up + luggage" is about 8mm at the shock which raises the back end by about 16mm. You can see the amount of preload change at the top of the shock and measure the change in ride height by measuring the sag difference when the wheels are on the ground without a rider.

Just a note. Gentleman's screen name is booya on the other forum. He posted up a string of pics yesterday.