RTE! Danville, VA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in. Sorry Duane - I'm an old retired guy and don't need to do that 4 letter thing anymore
tonguesmiley.gif

I'm still working but to support 24/7 ops I work some weekends and get days off during the week. The more the merrier! Weather looks like it's gonna be excellent. Dunno what Ken the HD Guy has planned after eating but I'm planning on riding over to NC's Kerr Lake Recreation Area for a photo op then meander home.

Here's my plan. Start bottom left, go north to eat then east to Kerr Lake then meander sw to go home.

RTE%20Checkered%20Pig_zpsqrqf2jqh.jpg

I'm in. Sorry Duane - I'm an old retired guy and don't need to do that 4 letter thing anymore :tonguesmiley:
LOL, I've got 11 mos and 20 days till I pull up my rocker next to Griff's on the front porch but who's counting! I've been burning days to help out with my daughter's marching band so I better not push a good thing with work, otherwise I'd be an all in!

Yoose missed some excellent bbq. It was just me and Ken the HD Guy.

The%20Checkered%20Pig%20RTE_zpsoaqxdwb5.jpg

And on the way 'round I stopped for another state 'park', Kerr Lake State Recreation Area. You know in rolling hill farm country you have those well-maintained 1 1/2 lane wide winding roads? Yep, southern Virginnie has them, too. I found several.

Kerr%20Lake%20State%20Rec%20Area_zpsqjcjzm0g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed it, but I did some excellent riding in the Lake Lure area - much closer to home.
smile.png

Riding is riding, like I said, " no biggie, maybe next time."

Next up for Ken and me is a ride across eastern NC to visit Goose Creek, Pettigrew and Jockey's Ridge State Parks. Overnight somewhere on the Outer Banks, then back around nor'western to the Dismal Swamp, Merchant's Millpond and Medoc Mtn State Parks then home. Looking at Halloween weekend.

https://ncparks.gov/find-a-park

Any and all welcome, no "leaders", just leisurely riding.

You retired guys are really starting to make me jealous.
sadsmiley.gif
waaa.gif

At least it's nice weather here for commuting. I'll take my 25-mile daily ration of moto-action and feel as good as I can.