Haliburton Colour Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
After BikerGeek's Tech day I had an itch to get the FJR out on the road. According to the Algonquin Park Fall Colour Report the colours were peaking so we saddled up the FJR and headed north. I wanted to make a quick stop in at the Ganaraska Forest to see if any of my buddies were riding their dirt bikes today...

DSC_0001-L.jpg

I should have borrowed FJRob1300's TKC80's. My PR4 front and T30 rear was a poor choice for the sand. Fortunately I kept the old girl upright and after a quick chat with the boys at the trailhead I pointed the FJR north towards some better roads.

Just south of Bobcaygeon I came across some nice colours in the trees along County Rd 36....

DSC_0005-L.jpg

DSC_0009-L.jpg

I made a stop at the Timmy's in Bobcaygeon for a late lunch and then headed for the bottom end of the 507. The 507 has the reputation of being one of the finest motorcycling roads in Ontario and it did not disappoint on this day...

DSC_0011-L.jpg

DSC_0015-L.jpg

We reached the top end of the 507 at Gooderham and made a slight jog over to Haliburton Reg Rd 3 and continued north....

DSC_0019-L.jpg

If you come to CFR next year you will have an opportunity to play here.

When we reached the end of Reg Rd 3 we turned right on Hwy 118 towards Tory Hill stopping along the way for another photo op...

stumps-L.jpg

Just before Tory Hill I turned left on the Essoline Rd to take the back way into WIlberforce....

DSC_0024-L.jpg

By this time the sun was getting a little lower and lighting up the trees on the far side of the lake....

DSC_0026-L.jpg

Wilberforce would be my turn back point if I was to make it home before dark so I headed south from Wilberforce down through Tory Hill and onto the 503 towards Gooderham. At Gooderham I turned south on the 507 for a spirited ride back down and then onto Bobcaygeon and then home.

A fun little 378 km afternoon ride....

colour%20tour-L.png

If you look near the center of the map you will see a town called Kinmount. They called it that because people like KJ don't know what incest means.

-the end-

Last edited by a moderator: