NAFO 2016 Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
Ok...Here's the info we have:

Official dates are July 28 to July 31, 2016.

Here is the official hotel info:

Holiday Inn Express Suites

1391 S. Townsend Ave.,

Montrose CO 81401

970-240-1800

There are King Rooms and Double Queen Rooms. They are both $110/night, plus taxes. This price includes free hot breakfast. Please give the staff the group name: FJR Rally

You are free to begin calling and reserving rooms.

The registration page is open!! So go register! All fees and options are listed on the page.

Shirts are optional and are $33 for sizes up to XL. XXL and larger will add two dollars for a total of $35. ALL shirts will be shipped to the venue, so will not be available prior to the rally date. If anyone orders a shirt and either does not show, or doesn't pick it up, there will be a shipping fee to get it to you.

Any questions, let me know. If you have my cell, you can call it. Otherwise, send me a PM and I will get back to you.

The registration link follows. Registration will be open on or around April 1st:

https://www.attacktheroad.com/nafo5/

HRZ

Why do I do these things? Its not like I don't have a job and I need stuff to fill my time. I guess, maybe it just sounds fun. So, with that being said, Don and I will set up NAFO 2016.

Here's what we do know:

The locations we like are Durango, Pagosa, and Taos. We'll look at accommodations, and cost before we make a final decision. I'll have to work fast.

We would like shirts and a banquet. I don't think it would be a proper NAFO without a set dinner where we can all eat together and laugh our asses off. We can all raid one restaurant and eat there, but it takes away from why we have these meets, so I think a banquet is the right way to go.

Shirts...Can't have a NAFO without shirts. I'll work on them, and will need help coming up with a graphic. The NAFO 2014 shirts were awesome, and I love mine. May go same style. These, like the banquet will be optional.

I'll probably try to do name tags with lanyards. I expect these will be cheap, but not free. Due to that, expect a Rally fee of like $10, plus whatever your meal and shirt cost. I'll have to get with people who have done these before and can offer some ideas.

I still don't know when it will be. I'm afraid of May, even late May if we use any of the above locations. The altitude makes snow in the high passes a definate possibility before mid-June. There's already two events scheduled for June, and I think adding a third is too much. What do you think of Mid-July? That's between Red Lodge, CFR, SFO and EOM.

Let me know ideas you may have. I've never done an event this big before, but might as well step up. I need ideas and opinions on dates, location and shirts. As we get stuff lined out, we'll have to figure out food...

That should cover it...Right??

12329199955_5917a80e2d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mid July sounds good to me.

Last two Times I went over Monarch pass. 1. Last week of May snowed. 2. Mid June rain, snow, sleet, and hail.

July would be a good choice for us. I'll be glad to help if I can with set up and registration. I can get there a day or two early.

NAFO 2016

JULY 28-31 2016

DURANGO, COLORADO

HOTEL (SCENE OF THE CRIME) STILL PENDING

That's me on the left, I am rather handsome aren't I! JSNS, muy Guapo ese!

12329199955_5917a80e2d.jpg

Well that would be one long ass ride for me. Alone maybe, 2 up I don't think I would have enough time. I could get the two weeks but 2 up it would take all of that to get there and back me thinks.

Dave

Durango and Taos sound great. Pagosa might be too small to accomodate. You would know better than I.

Mid July sounds about perfect. What about Golden or the greater Denver area. Might be easier for East Coasters to get to.

Thanks for taking this on.

Mark

Damn you Zilla. I was just getting comfy with my plans for next summer. You may have just messed up my entire summer. Why couldn't you do something smaller like SWFOG? Oh no you just have to take on the biggest one, you just have to do NAFO.

I will remain cautious as I see how this one pans out. I will talk to Pop tomorrow, I know he does not want to talk about bike trips at 10:50 pm. Actually, he probably does want to talk about bike trips, but I need the sleep.
uhoh.gif

Awesome AJ and Don! I have a source for lanyards and I can print the name tags. We just need a graphic for them. Mid July will probably be hot as shit for the ride out, but we are in. Glad it isn't in the fall. My daughter will be getting married then.

^^^^^Yo Greg - Geezer and Paul - Thingfish, please swing through Brunswick, Ohio and pick up El Toro Joe; every NAFO needs a Designated Drunk, AJ and I have already selected Jose as our Hombre ese! JSNS, El Borracho!^^^^^