Blue Ridge Parkway 10/20 and 10/23

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
I had to attend a conference in Roanoke, so, after looking at the weather forecast, I decided to do my own fall foliage ride. The views did not disappoint.

The color was coming, but not peak yet.

Some historical content:

More "tunnels of color":

The ridges are turning.

The clouds provided some interesting contrast.

And then my favorite shot of the week:

One of my favorite overlooks on the parkway:

The Great Bike overlooking the Great Valley:

Knarley tree:

On the way home I went to Bedford, VA and visited the D-Day Memorial. I will save the pictures from that for a separate report. Got back on the BRP at Peaks of Otter. Immediately noticed a BIG change in color in just 3 days.

Almost looks like a B&W picture:

More to come later

I call bullshit.
We all know that Bob doesn't stop and doesn't take pictures.
I was riding alone. No one was pushing me!
Nice try...I've never "pushed" you. I'm always happy to pull over, whenever you want.
He stopped in WV! ...for our bridge (gorge-span) pic, then once under the bridge, which was really on a bridge, then again, right on another bridge (again)... hmmmm, guess if you wanna stop w Bob, ya better ride bridges. 'NS

20150926_161015_zpsknrty4yx.jpg

I call bullshit.
Nice try...I've never "pushed" you. I'm always happy to pull over, whenever you want.
He stopped in WV! ...for our bridge (gorge-span) pic, then once under the bridge, which was really on a bridge, then again, right on another bridge (again)... hmmmm, guess if you wanna stop w Bob, ya better ride bridges. 'NS

I can't remember Bob ever stopping that many times, in an entire weekend. But I know he wanted Tyler to get all the pictures she wanted. And since I was in no condition to follow him at his usual pace...it was probably good that he did.

I call bullshit.
It's not you. It's me. You know if I am feeling it and the conditions are right I push the pace just enough to not have anyone in my mirrors. And then we end up with balled up rubber on the tires!

I call bullshit.

I can't remember Bob ever stopping that many times, in an entire weekend. But I know he wanted Tyler to get all the pictures she wanted. And since I was in no condition to follow him at his usual pace...it was probably good that he did.
Yup... it was all my fault that I broke his pace... ;)

Nice to be able to combine work and pleasure, Bob... love the clouds... great energy in the pics! B)

Seems like the leaf change for the Appalachians is a bit late this year, no?

Regardless - nice pictures sir!