Recognize your dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art miller

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Just had my 16K service done on my 2014ES. I bought the bike from Roseville Yamaha because they had given me great service on my 07 and went out of their way to get me the 2014 soon after they were available in the U.S. My bike has vin #000024. The dealer is 103 miles from home so I made an appt. early hoping to get all the work done same day. The bike was at Roseville Yamaha at 8:20AM and ready to ride home at 3:00PM. In addition to the standard 16K work they installed speed bleeders on brakes and clutch, and lubed the shaft splines. I actually learned about the fine reputation of Roseville Yamaha her on the Forum. If you are in the reach of Roseville contact Zac Mickel, Service Mgr. you will not be disappointed.

And I've had a similar experience with my dealer, Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, WA. It seems every time I take my bike in for service or even a new set of tires I ride out with a smile on my face. Their final price for the job is always less than the initial estimate. The work is exceptional too.

Isn't it great to be able to brag about Yamaha dealers instead of complain?

RL Equipment in Verner (about 45min east of Sudbury). Both the owner and his wife both ride FJR's, and, despite being a small dealer, sells more (FJR's) than any other Yamaha dealer in Canada. Great service too.

Filer Motorsports, Macedon NY. Not a fan, pricks with attitudes! (except salesman Dave, really good guy. Too bad his bosses suck moose balls!)

Last edited by a moderator:
D&H Cycles in Cullman, AL is where I bought mine. They remain in business thanks to how well they treat everyone. The local shop that wouldn't even talk to me about anything other than MSRP (or more) is no longer in business.

Having bought four bikes, including the latest FJR from Turn 1 Motorsports in Plymouth IN, I can report that they are an excellent dealer. They are always fast and friendly and do what they say they will. The sales people are sincere and honest and the service people are very helpful. It's nice to go into a place like that and feel like a valuable customer- and not all dealers convey that. I have never worried about their service work.

In Austin TX- not exactly a Yamaha dealer ( but have taken over servicing for an out-of-business Yamaha dealer ) Austin City Powersports on W Stassney is a customer friendly parts and service operation that has very competent and honest people. They sell a couple of scooter lines and seem to have a nice selection of used bikes- but parts and service is their primary business. That would be my first choice for work on any brand of bike in the Austin area.

I have to agree with everyone else that good motorcycle dealers are in the minority.

I bought my '06 from a private party in SoCal. Is there an anointed dealer in the Long Beach or Orange Co. area?

And I've had a similar experience with my dealer, Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, WA. It seems every time I take my bike in for service or even a new set of tires I ride out with a smile on my face. Their final price for the job is always less than the initial estimate. The work is exceptional too.
Isn't it great to be able to brag about Yamaha dealers instead of complain?
I wish the service department @ their sister store -- I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah -- was as brag-worthy.

Last year I-90 tried to bill me $10 for the time it took their service guy to pour in a small bottle of Stabil (I told them I was picking up a bottle on the way home for the bike's winter hibernation, and they said they could save me a stop)...I paid the bill and didn't notice the charge until I got home. Mind you, this was separate for the charge for the bottle of Stabil...so, yes: ten bucks to pour in a small bottle. I complained to the management and received a $20 gift card as an apology. Fine, a one-time hiccup...odd and annoying, but things happen, I guess.

Flash forward to this year. I make an appointment for a basic oil and filter change, get ready to sign the approval form when I drop off the bike, I look it over carefully this time and and my appointment has been upgraded without query to some of deluxe/enhanced $300+ oil-change service. I tell them to change it back to what I had ordered done, and then out of curiosity ask what is included in the deluxe service. They ask, Well, when's the the last time you checked your tire pressure? I reply, Last week. Then, they say, you probably don't need it. So whether that means they charge close to $200 to check your air (like they change $10 to pour a bottle), or, to give them the benefit of the doubt, whether they're just gauging how closely the bike is monitored and maintained, I don't know...what I DO know is that anyone taking their bike to I-90 better keep an eye on your wallet and watch very carefully what you're signing/approving to be done to your bike. The sales department is, in my experience, great, but you better be on your toes if you visit the service department.

Yamaha Keskus (Center), Tallinn, Estonia. Great guys, excellent service and capable mechanics. I do not have proper conditions (space, tools, motivation) for servicing my FJR at home, so I prefer to take it there for most of the issues. Never had any problems there, all works perfectly done.

Mountain Motorsports, Marietta -- US 41 between Delk Road and South Marietta Loop.

The FJR is the second bike I've purchased from them, and I also purchased my second pre-paid maintenance program: up to 6 service visits or 3 years, whichever comes first. I will hit 6 visits with the 20,000-mile service, within a week or so of my FJR's first birthday. (And they're so nice, they've offered to negotiate another pre-paid plan.)

I have mentioned this to everyone in their service department, to everyone who asks, and to the Momma Yama people who call asking for dealer feedback: my life is in the hands of those service technicians, and I trust them totally.

While I didn't buy my FJR from them (I made a trade with an individual, my R1 for his FJR), but I have purchased 3 new bikes from J&W Cycles in Washington, MO. I've also had many friends buy bikes from them as well. I highly recommend them. www.jwcycles.com

Mike Johnson Power Sports

Russellville, Arkansas

Mike was a Suzuki-only dealer for decades before taking on Yamaha and Kawasaki a few years back. When I decided I wanted an FJR, I didn't even bother calling anyone else. This is my first bike to buy from them, but they've treated my friends very well since I met them in 1986.

Just had my 16K service done on my 2014ES. I bought the bike from Roseville Yamaha because they had given me great service on my 07 and went out of their way to get me the 2014 soon after they were available in the U.S. My bike has vin #000024. The dealer is 103 miles from home so I made an appt. early hoping to get all the work done same day. The bike was at Roseville Yamaha at 8:20AM and ready to ride home at 3:00PM. In addition to the standard 16K work they installed speed bleeders on brakes and clutch, and lubed the shaft splines. I actually learned about the fine reputation of Roseville Yamaha her on the Forum. If you are in the reach of Roseville contact Zac Mickel, Service Mgr. you will not be disappointed.
So what do you do for 7 hrs? Did they provide a loaner bike to thrash ride?