Cleaning the seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Stupid question I know but apparently whoever owned my bike before rode a female on the back seat with shorts in the south ga heat. The seat has white marks which I assume is sweat and I cant get it off. Ive scrubbed with soap and water to no avail. Im hesitant to use anything stronger. The only thing I have in the garage is doc baileys leather die and conditioner but I think that might make it too black. So, what will get the sweat stains out of a yamaha vinyl seat?

Stupid question I know but apparently whoever owned my bike before rode a female on the back seat with shorts in the south ga heat. The seat has white marks which I assume is sweat and I cant get it off. Ive scrubbed with soap and water to no avail. Im hesitant to use anything stronger. The only thing I have in the garage is doc baileys leather die and conditioner but I think that might make it too black. So, what will get the sweat stains out of a yamaha vinyl seat?
Maybe those white marks are tears from the previous owners butt since he was riding with a stock seat!

Custom seat will get rid of those stains right away!!!

I think this is a Forum first? Several things need to be examined. Are these white stains on the center of the seat or on the sides? If on the center it is likely from an organism caused by the thrill of the bikes performance not the vibration as on a Hardley. That stain can be removed with Simple Green. If on the sides use Awesome Orange. See if you can get photos of the gal who deposited those stains. Enquiring minds need to know!!

This thread's going to circle the drain pretty fast...
rolleyes.gif

How about trying some Honda Spray Polish?

--G

You could always but a new/used cover. Some of the custom seat guys sell the ones they take off FJR's on Ebay for around 35-40 bucks a set all the time.

Don't use waxy crap like Armorall... go with the Simple Green and a toothbrush. If that leaves the spot looking too clean, then you do the whole seat. Rinsey with soap and water, then water.

Didn't see it taking that turn. Lol but yes it's on the side of the seat, not the center. If it was the center I would definitely be getting a new cover. Haha

I will give the vinegar a try first.

And it's a first for me too. Never had sweat stains on a bike seat like that before.

We'll need some photos of the seat if you want us to be accurate as to the cause.

Photos of the prior owner's passenger's "seat cushion" will also be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts