Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that their helmet is rubbing the hair off the back of their head. Ive been riding since I was a kid and I never noticed this phenomenon till recently. Im 52. and its getting pretty thin back there. Ideas

ed

After wearing my helmet all day the cooling ridges in the liner makes my head look like this:

Galaxy-Quest-Wallpaper-galaxy-quest-8509487-1280-1024.jpg

^^^^ good guy from a good movie. What helmet will make me look like him?

For the OP: if you asked the question seriously, I'm afraid you will not get a serious answer from anyone here. My suggestion? Put all the hair from your helmet into a plastic bag and send it to these folks: https://www.locksoflove.org/

(And that last part was serious.)

Last edited by a moderator:
After wearing my helmet all day the cooling ridges in the liner makes my head look like this:
I'm pretty sure my scalp (I can't honesty say 'hair' )looks something like this when I get to work in the morning. I figured that out one day when a coworker told me he could figure out if I rode in or drove in depending on my hair style. (or lack thereof)

^^^^ good guy from a good movie. What helmet will make me look like him?
For the OP: if you asked the question seriously, I'm afraid you will not get a serious answer from anyone here. My suggestion? Put all the hair from your helmet into a plastic bag and send it to these folks: https://www.locksoflove.org/

(And that last part was serious.)
For good scalp ridge formations I highly recommend a Shoei GT Air in the inexpensive color. When I take my Shoei helmet off the ridges embossed on my scalp are almost a duplicate for Alan Rickman's Galaxy Quest.

GT-Air_White.jpg

And, for any that are fortunate enough to still have hair to worry about, or even the totally sans hair, for capillago control and good cooling the final word is silk helmet liners:

silky.jpg

As long as your helmet is ON you don't look like a dork. There is also Cool Max and other helmet liners to preserve that perfectly coiffed hair once you arrive.

Strange as it may seem, this is a real answer for the OP.

NEVER GIVE UP......NEVER SURRENDER, BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER!!!
To get the oil drain plug out of a new FJR for the first time always remember the Mak'tar chant of strength -- Larak tarath, larak tarath, larak tarath!

That movie offers quotes as good as the Princess Bride and Spaceballs
smile.png

NEVER GIVE UP......NEVER SURRENDER, BY GRABTHAR'S HAMMER!!!
RIP, Alan!

If you notice the hair on the top of your head getting thinner, take heart! You're getting taller and your head's peeking through your hair!

Latest posts