Pannier outer cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyahouse

newbs need the forum
Reaction score
The beautiful galaxy blue cover on my right side pannier is coming loose. The other pannier is tight all the way around, as it should be, but the right side pannier is in trouble. Seems as though the cover is coming loose. I've done the usual google search on this subject but after a half hour of searching, no answers turned up. So, here's my question: how does the outer painted cover attach to the inner structure of the pannier? I'm thinking it's just glued on. Anybody answered this question before? Anybody help me out here? I'm thinking I need to remove it and properly reattach it. But how?

Gary

darksider #44

Go to your dealer and trade in that tired old Gen 1 on the vastly superior 2015 in Liquid Graphite. All it takes is money and you do not have to pay it all at once. Problem solved. You are welcome.

Thanks again fellers. Found this piccie below from one of the posts you recommended. This answers my question. Now I can see how the outer cover is connected to the inner panel. Time to do some gluing I guess.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-12%20at%209.54.54%20PM.png