Bag Guards- MC Ent. 1200-310

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Guys- who is running the motorcycle enterprises bag guards, model 1200-310. If you have or previously used them, how did you like them. More importantly, how did they impact rider comfort? I'm all about some bag guards. I'm worried about the space tradeoff though, when it comes to the wife's foot placement. Thanks in advance.

Hey Bill...... got the fronts and backs on my machine....

I was concerned about the rear bag guards for my woman - they do hold the back of her foot forward about 1".

She got acclimated to them and its a non issue for her..... Make note - she is 110lbs, with a small foot.

With boots with heels it can put the foot position where the peg can park itself in the valley just in front of the heel.

One can also adopt a flat floorboard for the fjr to alleviate the hooking problem....

Here is an example I found on an image search of google for fjr floorboards, this looks like its got lowering pegs on there as well....

FootPeg_zps6bda541a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have front and rear guards on my 13 and my wife has never voiced any concerns on comfort or interference. 10 years together and she still wont tell me her weight but I would guess 5'4 120 and size 6 boot. There is still plenty of room for her to routinely leave boot marks on the pipes!!

I like the idea of added protection in the rear but I can say I don't care for the look when the bags are removed. I leave the bags on all of the time so I only have to look at the giant dumbo ears when I drop the bags to wash the bike. If you are the type of guy that likes to ride without bags this might not be your thing but if you leave the bags on they are perfect.

I use the M.C. bag guards on my 14. I find they do push my girlfriends feet (women size 9) forward which makes longer rides not so comfortable for her. I like the protection but if I was to do it over I would look at the T-Rex bag protectors. It looks like they where designed to be closer to the bags than M.C.'s allowing more heel space for the pillion.

I like the idea of the WynPro floor boards in Warpdrv's pic.

I've got the WynPro footboards and the rear bag guards. Thought it might be a problem with wife's boot- size 8...was not an issue.

I had a tip over on a side hill...downhill side. No mark on the bag at all.

I have the bag guards on my '08 along with the canyon cages. I have not had any complaints concerning foot position (yet) A good solution for 2-up long distance is to mount

highway pegs (For me on the canyon cages) for your use, then the passenger can use your pegs to stretch out.

I like the MC's, but after seeing how close pricing was between MC and T-rex, I went with the t-rex for looks and passenger foot clearance. My last primary bike went down at zero speed twice, with no damage, But then it had police bars on it. I just stumbled upon kalearia's drop, and I realized I'd rather spend a couple hundred now than the guaranteed deductible for even the slowest laydown.

Here's a more stealthy option from T-Rex. Fits Gen III A models. Will not fit ES models. Don't know how it might compare, protection-wise, to the full cage.

trex1.jpg

trex2.jpg

I went with the current version. A bit better looking and a little sturdier. I took pictures to post, but that feature isn't working at this time. Not for this login, anyway.

Similar to T-Rex rear sliders, I have had these from Benelux, will protect bags and exhaust from tipovers. Reinforced with a thick stainless plate that spans the footpeg frame mount and exhaust mount. A bit pricey though.https://www.bike-design.com/en/product/37733/crash-protection-kit?from=%2Fen%2Fcategory%2F254%2Fcrash-protection%3Ff%255Bbd%255D%255Bman%255D%3D323%26f%255Bbd%255D%255Bmod%255D%3D2070%26f%255Bbd%255D%255Bu%255D%3D0
They are a bit cheaper than the T-Rex ones. Thanks for the link. I think they look a bit more subtle that the Canyon ones.

I have not laid the bike down, but through visual inspection and the "cardboard test", yes, the T-Rex fancy ones contact the (simulated, in my case) ground before the cans or the bags.