Fair Price....?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexford

Reaction score
I am getting ready to have to put my 2014 FJR1300A up for sale soon and was hoping some of you could give me an idea on how I should price it. I will have to wait until I can get it out of the garage and over to get some good pics of her. Looks like she will be my last bike, after 35+ years of riding, I am going to have to quit. My three back surgeries are starting to take their toll on me and they want to go in and do another now. Anyway the bike has about 6300 miles on her, moto-nation frame sliders, big foot, tour-tech luggage rack, v-stream windscreen + stock, gen-mar risers, sargent seat + stock, and a cortech mag. tank bag..... Once my back eases up a little I will go out and get some pics, but if you could give me an idea on where to start with the pricing I would greatly appreciate your time.

Thank you very much, and I have enjoyed owning and riding the best bike manufactured with you folks.

Rex

email is [email protected]

Damn, I just bought a 2004 a few weeks ago... I can only tell you this, a new '15 ES can be had in the Houston area for $16k out the door (including everything). The 14's are priced NEW about $500 less than that. And the non-ES are $1000 less than that. So new 14 A should be able to get out-the-door for $14,500.

Minus TTL that puts the sales price of the New 14 at around $12,500 (based on numbers I was recently given at around $2k TTL and dealer fees)

So now you just need to minus the depreciation for mileage and used title, then add in your farkles which aren't worth much $$$'s unfortunately on the used market, I would say (opinion only) that you should be able to get at least $10k for it but no more than $12,500...

Does that help?

I am getting ready to have to put my 2014 FJR1300A up for sale soon and was hoping some of you could give me an idea on how I should price it. I will have to wait until I can get it out of the garage and over to get some good pics of her. Looks like she will be my last bike, after 35+ years of riding, I am going to have to quit. My three back surgeries are starting to take their toll on me and they want to go in and do another now. Anyway the bike has about 6300 miles on her, moto-nation frame sliders, big foot, tour-tech luggage rack, v-stream windscreen + stock, gen-mar risers, sargent seat + stock, and a cortech mag. tank bag..... Once my back eases up a little I will go out and get some pics, but if you could give me an idea on where to start with the pricing I would greatly appreciate your time.
Thank you very much, and I have enjoyed owning and riding the best bike manufactured with you folks.

Rex

email is [email protected]
My friend bought a new 2014A new in the crate for $12,500. in August. There were only two in the whole state at that time. A great price since I paid that for my 2007 left over n 2008. Of course there were the normal D & H, freight, set up, etc. that someone would save on a used unit. The FJR is beautiful in red! Back problems suck! I hope you get them all fixed.

Gently used 2013s are going for $9,500-10,500 and 2014As are going for $10,000-11,000, 2014ESs around $11,000-12,000... all depending on mileage, condition, farkles and if it has YES.

Of course, the prices bikes are "going for" are not necessarily the prices at which they actually sell. Remember this is a month before Christmas. If you ask less than 10k for it and it's more likely to sell quick. 9950 sounds so much cheaper than 10k to the finicky buyer.

Another thought: how long can you wait? Just wondering, what if you wait until April or so when you can expect to get top dollar?

Hope the sale goes well for ya.

Gary

darksider #44

All good advice, especially if you can wait it out until riding season comes around again.

Six months in time isn't going to make a lot of difference in pricing, the '16s are already out [yes, I know there's no FJR yet!] so you're two model years old no matter which way you cut it. To get the most return, strip all the extras off the bike and sell it stock. You can flip extras on the forum for +/- 50% of new...you'll get essentially nothing for them on the bike. Depending on how quickly you want to sell, price it reasonably and it'll move.

GLWS.

--G

Sorry about all the back surgeries, hope this next one does what it's supposed to do for ya. Unless cash flow is an issue, I would wait until spring to sell the bike, just as riding season is beginning. I sold my 08 to a guy from Mass in the spring of the year. He flew down here and rode it back home.

A lot of folks seem to like that red color, so you should be able to find a buyer in short order. Plus the recent article involving the 2015ES in the December issue of Motorcycle Consumer News, was a really great article and showcased the FJR. I am of the opinion that article will stimulate demand for the 2013+ model year FJRs.

Good luck with all.

You can go into cycletrader.com and check it for reference. There is a bike just like yours now at DFW Honda with 734 miles dealer priced at $10,977, and a couple of others dealer priced in the $12's. Back problems suck! Best of luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys.... thanks for all your responses and information. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply as I have to go into town and use the computer at the library to be able to log in to this forum. Anyway, the bike is sold, and I will surely miss it. I will be getting some pictures of the sargent seat and the windscreen, the tour a tech luggage rack the frame sliders and such then I will post these items up for sale in the flea market...

If you're local and want to see what I have for sale contact me by my e-mail address [email protected] .

Thanks again and I wish you all a very safe riding season to come.

Rexford