Personal Best - 17,005 miles this season

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjrettig

Reaction score
Living in Minnesota, the time has come to part the bike. I took it for one final ride this morning (temps in the low 20s) to warm the engine oil so I could then change it and park the bike for its hibernation period and period of PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome).

This year I have ridden 17,005 miles - a personal best for me! The majority of it was on my 2014 ES FJR that I purchased late last fall (and I love it!). I only had 196 miles on 196 miles on it before it got parked last fall. I also put a few miles on 2006 FJR this spring before it was sold.

8,400 of the miles came from a west coast trip I did. I was on the road 18 days. Some of the highlights from the trip included Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helen's, Crater lake, Oregon/California coast, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and Death Valley. The remainder of the miles were mostly commuting to work (23 miles each way) and a few short afternoon rides, and general getting around. We had a great riding season for Minnesota. I put on over 1,000 in March which is very unusual and I am just now parking the bike on Nov 22.

Now it is time to do final maintenance on the bike and then put it to rest. What a great year it has been!

Funny, I picked mine up this February and got 17035 as of right now. (so we are only 30 miles apart)

We got snow on Saturday, but should be in the 50's next week, before dropping back below freezing, so I will get a few more miles in before parking it for the season.

Nice riding season. Mines on the lift until spring as well. I got in about 13,000 this year. I slacked off after coming home from the west coast in early September.

Hoping my Aussie Mate can return next summer.

Sounds like you had a good year!!!

I'm not giving up yet..... still have 39 days until the end of the year. :) lol

Average season for me 27K...not done yet
no.gif
....Yeah... I know, us retired guys can ride more....
tonguesmiley.gif

Sounds like you had a fantastic season of riding rjrettig. I still can't quite bring myself to park Old Yeller yet, even if it is only for commuting. It's so hard to accept defeat from Old Man Winter.

See you in April again I hope.

Fantastic season all. Everyone over 20K has come almost once around the world. Congrats are in order. I have had a rare and exiting season as well. In June I did Europe on my Gen1. Did Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Portugal and back through France for 8K miles. Then back in the States I managed to put 8100 miles on my 2015ES with 2 trips to Durango, CO and thru UT and several jaunts into the Nevada and Cali deserts. Additionally I managed a three weeker into Canada via Mt. Rushmore, Glacier Natl park on to Vancouver and down Hwy 1 back into SoCal. For another 6500 miles. This time on the K1600.

All in all around 23K miles and we are still riding out here. Last ride of the year will be on the 2nd of Jan.

A number of items have been crossed off the bucket list, but others have been added. Would like to do the north of Europe, like the UK and points north. The Alaska ride is still outstanding. Sigh!

A happy holiday season to all and thanks for all the excellent advise, guidance and wisdom.....