Clear Paint Film

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Hi All:

Picking up my 15 ES tomorrow and going to sell my 06 shortly. I am sure I will tons of questions as I move my farkles over, but here is the first. My 06 has clear film on the top of the side bags as well as the very rear of the silver side panels. The prior owner must have done that. I would like the film for side cases only on the 15, but do not want the entire bike kits I am seeing online. Where can I get just the clear film for the tops of the side cases only?

Thanks,

Larry in Escondido sells the pieces,of his kit individually. Just call him...

You might want to give 3M Paint Defender a try too. It's basically the same thing as the sheet stuff but you spray it on. Works good for oddly shaped surfaces.

I will caution you that is it very particular about how it is applied. Read all the directions several times and follow them.

It can be peeled off and resprayed if it turns out funky or when it wears out. Suppose to last at least a year.

Skip the applications kits....just blue tape and a roll of plastic sheeting.

You might want to give 3M Paint Defender a try too. It's basically the same thing as the sheet stuff but you spray it on. Works good for oddly shaped surfaces.I will caution you that is it very particular about how it is applied. Read all the directions several times and follow them.

It can be peeled off and resprayed if it turns out funky or when it wears out. Suppose to last at least a year.

Installing the actual film isn't too bad and it lasts a long time. Had 3M film on my '03 over 10 years.

I agree.

The Tankslapper film has worked well on my '14 ES bags & gas tank, more so than I expected for such a simple product. Would definitely use again.

I use the tank kits from Tankslapper, but you can buy sheets of Snider's Paint Guard from Aerostich. It is not the 3M adhesive stuff, just regular clear film that you apply with water and then squeegee and is reusable, but it stays on well even when you wash the bike.

I have an unused tankslapper I bought back when I got my 08. I just never got around to putting it on? I don't remember how much I paid but pm me and I'm sure we can work something out. That is if it will apply to your year of FJR.

You might want to give 3M Paint Defender a try too. It's basically the same thing as the sheet stuff but you spray it on. Works good for oddly shaped surfaces.I will caution you that is it very particular about how it is applied. Read all the directions several times and follow them.