Sena 20S Version 1.6 provides second A2DP channel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Sena Dec 29

We were able to add a second A2DP profile to the 20S through the v1.6 firmware update. If you pair a device using Mobile Phone pairing then it will use HFP and A2DP and if you pair a second device using Second Mobile Phone Pairing then it will also use HFP and A2DP.

Ken Dec 29

I think that this is fantastic news! If I'm reading this correctly, it means that we can pair our Zumo GPS devices as phone 2 for stereo music, driving directions, etc, and the Zumo will share the same priority as intercom, FM radio, and other devices. Phone 1 will have highest priority for phone calls. If that's so, this is huge!

Would this also mean that you can pair your Zumo for navigation prompts and satellite radio and also pair a separate Bluetooth transmitter attached to a radar detector and get both signals simultaneously? I have never understood why Garmin does not provide an auxiliary input jack for a radar detector (or any other source) that would go through their Bluetooth system in addition to phone pairing. I have also been looking for a Bluetooth receiver to plug my Big Ear earspeakers into that will accept 2 signals simultaneously, not just allowing you to pair 2 devices and still need to manually toggle between them, but so far no luck.

... and the sound quality for A2DP is far nicer than HFP.

Loaded the update last night, and didn't even know. Swapped the protocols immediately after the upgrade was complete: the iPhone (normal music source) went to HFP and Zumo (much larger music catalog) went to A2DP. Rode for an hour listening to Diana Krall through my earplugs/speakers. Sounded good!

If I read my Sena and Garmin manuals right, the Sena handles two sources, like a phone and GPS, for example. But the Garmin can handle at least one other Bluetooth device through its "pipe" to the Sena, allowing you to connect at least three devices to the Sena -- and that doesn't count intercom connections with other riders.

Somebody want to correct me on this?

I have a Garmin 665LM and I can only pair it's outgoing signal to my Bluetooth receiver (that I keep in my jacket pocket connected to my earspeakers for navigation prompts and satellite radio from the Garmin) and also to a cell phone incoming signal simultaneously. I cannot pair it to an incoming signal from my radar detector Bluetooth transmitter and get radar detector signals in addition to navigation prompts, satellite radio, and cell phone simultaneously to my Bluetooth receiver and I have yet to find any Bluetooth receiver that can accept 2 separate incoming signals simultaneously.