Christmas Riding / Stagecoach

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I had some time off and starting riding some Florida roads (For a change)

I rode through Christmas (Literally)

IMG_2048_zpsn88y0tgf.jpg

IMG_2050_zpsp6nx5geo.jpg

Not without problems though, as my cycle was nearly eaten.

IMG_2052_zpssdhrjfwg.jpg

I finally hit threads on my rear tire with 23.4k on it.

IMG_2057_zps8ci9hvfv.jpg

Then came Stagecoach… and rain. With Jim (fljab)

PC280314_zpssclc89gv.jpg

More rain…

PC290316_zpsdi6lqpwq.jpg

PC290317_zpslohfdmfd.jpg

About 2.5k over a 4 day period.

Last edited by a moderator:
23.4k...wow! I hope I can get somewhere even close to that with my PR4's. I'm guessing hole shots were not in this tire's life cycle?
nea.gif

...you can't leave us hanging with cord showing Tony. Did you get the "spare tire" changed?
tonguesmiley.gif

--G
I knew the tire was in its last miles, so I carried a spare and stopped by Jims the day before Stagecoach and changed it out.

23.4k...wow! I hope I can get somewhere even close to that with my PR4's. I'm guessing hole shots were not in this tire's life cycle?
nea.gif
The most I have ever gotten is 18k, this was a "Super" tire that was mounted in Albuquerque prior to the IBR at HRZ's house and received a

"Blessing" from his neighbor before the rally. The miles were not easy miles, but I imagine dirt roads kept the wear down.
rolleyes.gif

…and PR4s will not give you the same wear, or so I have heard.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for an '05 - especially one with a ton of miles on it. Well done, sir.

Good report Tony, with all the slabing you do isn't it time to go to the darkside? 30-40,000 miles on one tire would be mighty nice!

Sorry to have missed you and fljab at Stagecoach, but 12 hours is the rain is not for me. Maybe for nutcases like you two, I guess ...

Is that the parking lot at lunchtime?!?!? Thirty bikes? Looks like a lot of other people bailed, too.