Farkle buddy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyote Chris

Reaction score
Well, I could do the rearserch by myself but if anyone is bored and wants to provide input, that would be great. I now have four bids for a red '14 and by Next Friday will hope to have one comming to my house.....
Canyon cages and bag protectors are a must...red side covers, 3M carbon fiber wrap, gotta see if someone makes a slider knob for the cages....the only other things I need to rearsearch are a windscreen for a 6'2" slim guy who likes to look just over the screen, and a luggage rack for a guy who likes to use military duffel bags that are compressed. One on the rack and one on the rear seat to lean on.
Oh, and of course a real maintenance manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pics of the t-Rex bag guards on mine if you want to see them on a 14. I would buy them again. These are the fancy ones with the stainless "pucks" on them. If I could figure out a good box or bag backrest deal, I'd jump on it. Something a little more fancy than a duffel. If I could only have one screen for year round, it'd be the Yamaha touring.

An alternative are the T-Rex bars that protect higher and have a nice slider. They sent me the install instructions that show better how they go on. PM me with your email if you want them or send them a note.https://www.t-rex-racing.com/
Wow. This is the first mention I have seen of these. They look really good and the price is much better at $295 for the full setup.. Thanks for bringing these up.

By the way, there were already some pictures of them installed on a 2015A on their web site.

N69-13EGDisplay2Web.jpg

N69-13EGDisplay3Web.jpg

N69-13LGB4-LWeb.jpg

N69-13LGB4-RWeb.jpg

N69-13EGDisplay7web.jpg

N69-13EGDisplay8web.jpg

Time to start saving my pennies.

Good job on the pictures, Fred, I couldn't get them in good resolution for some reason...... Note too the slider in the photo is not the one being provided. It will be the much nicer one they sell.. in black OR lipstick pink... er, red.

If anyone is interested in a Group Buy, I have made inquiries to T-Rex.

T-Rex%201_zpsyumfxvzv.jpg

I'm thinking the black would look best, even on my sexy pink bike.
laugh.png

But looking at the photos above, it looks like the lower bar would contact way before the slider higher up on the side does. Either way, it's much better than buying a bunch of new tupperware

Fred, thank you for once again doing the legwork. For anyone who does not know, hppants' first 2014 was equipped with the standard T-Rex frame sliders when he crashed. They did all they could have done and stayed intact. He was very pleased.

I also have the T-Rex sliders on my '15 and they have not been tested (yet!) but they at least look good on the bike. I can say they are a quality piece of kit.

Oh, and as far as that "F" word in this thread title goes, look that word up in the Urban Dictionary. You won't be using it again. Unless you are HotRodZilla.
uhoh.gif

I like the new t rex cages. Wish they had those when I bought the sliders. All ive added to mine is the sliders, gps, givi box, fenda extender, and mcl peg lowering brackets. I plan on risers and hyper lites on payday, and the seat concepts seat of course.

An alternative are the T-Rex bars that protect higher and have a nice slider. They sent me the install instructions that show better how they go on. PM me with your email if you want them or send them a note.https://www.t-rex-racing.com/
Thanks to those that pointed out the T-Rex. They look like they offer superior protection over the Canyon cages, and they are ....uhhhhh...how to say this .....UGLY!
smile.png
OK, they really arent THAT ugly but I am betting I can

make a nice looking slider for my Canyon cages.....different stokes and all that....

Oh, and as far as that "F" word in this thread title goes, look that word up in the Urban Dictionary. You won't be using it again. Unless you are HotRodZilla.
uhoh.gif
Urban dictionary def of Farkle:

farkle
accessory.
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.

Aux LightsPower ports

Fender Extender

Riser Plate

GPS mounting

RDL

It never stops !
punk.gif
Well, to start with, Canyon Cages with bag protectors. Red side covers, Givi mount over Gary's Stiffy, with the Twisted throttle pizza platter soft luggage adaptor modified to fit due to SW-Tech not making the Alu-Rack for the 2014, HOnda touring windscreen. Power port is nice. Dont need the riser plate or GPS mounting, do need the speical drive shaft lube and original maintenance manual. And something to protect the tank from the tank bag..you know, that thing with the plastic window that has the map displayed...Map? Anyone remember those? LOL!

https://s1217.photobucket.com/user/CoyoteChris303/media/Boston14/luggane%20rack_zpsvaz0ns9l.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

uhoh.gif
Urban dictionary def of Farkle:

farkle
accessory.
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.
Uh, there is another definition for that word. And it ain't pretty.

If I do the research for you do I get to ride it for you also???:) :)
No, but I go through LaPine on my way to the Reno National air races every year. Its COLD on those mid sept mornings! LOL!
Totally off topic but I can't find what happened to Voodoo that caused it to drop out of the Unlimited Gold race. How about that 500+ mph lap from Strega? It was a great race this year.

Dan

The T-Rex cages look kinda cool.

Outta curiosity, for anyone who has either the T-Rex or the Canyon Cages and rides with a pillion, do the rear bars interfere with the pillion's legs / feet on the passenger pegs?