2009 vs 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#7teen

Reaction score
Did many internet searches and can't really get a difinitive feel regarding changes between these two years... Got my eye on one of each year and need to know if the difference in asking price is worth it other than the color change. Thanks -Tim

Did many internet searches and can't really get a difinitive feel regarding changes between these two years...
Try rereading the terms you agreed to when you signed up just now. It contain a link to a year-by-year comparison matrix that answers many, Many, MANY questions about different years.

Last edited by a moderator:
You already have access to all the answers you seek so I will just add:

1.Mileage

2.Accessories/Modifications

3.Color

4.Price

5.Condition

Those factors are the deciding factors. It is a matter of difference between the two individual bikes, not the different year models. No other differences.

What color do you like?
This ^^^^ and we know which one looks the best!
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

You wanta go w/ the 2010, it'll shift bettah.
wink.png
Tranny Transmission improvements began in '08 BB. Later models are good but my previous '09 was a smooth operator!
smile3.gif

--G
Thought they were constantly improving the ECU, tranny, shift forks 'n dog 'n stuff? I'm purdie sure '10 iz when they went back to the larger slave cylinder (Make'in the clutch pull easier.) on the clutch too?

wink.png
Tranny Transmission improvements began in '08 BB. Later models are good but my previous '09 was a smooth operator!
smile3.gif

--G
Thought they were constantly improving the ECU, tranny, shift forks 'n dog 'n stuff? I'm purdie sure '10 iz when they went back to the larger slave cylinder (Make'in the clutch pull easier.) on the clutch too?
I'm thinking we better go re-read the comparison matrix before we get slapped around...
wink.png

--G

wink.png
smile3.gif

--G
I'm thinking we better go re-read the comparison matrix before we get slapped around...
wink.png

--G
It doesn't answer ALL questions every time...just many, Many, MANY asked by newbies and those that don't bother even basic searches.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
09 is when they went back to the original easier pull clutch slave cylinder. As far as I know the are no differences between the 09 and 10 besides color. I think they went to standard included heated grips in 11.

Wait...... what year did they start putting the new wiring harness in? 10 or 11 I believe?