T-Rex Pending Group Buy - Bars and Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaYzerman19

Go Wings!
Reaction score
Initial discussions are under way with T-Rex regarding a group buy of their products. It will be primarily Gen III engine guards, luggage guards or sliders, however, I see they have sliders for prior Gens and perhaps we can include those too. At this point discussions are preliminary and I can say T-Rex is willing...... the details will be shared when finalized. You can indicate your interest here, a preliminary list might be helpful, but a new thread will be started for the actual group buy, in the Group Buy section. Visit their website for further product descriptions, or see the photos FredW posted up in this recent thread............

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/166353-farkle-buddy/

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/

Interested parties:

Yes:

Rayzerman - Frt & RR

LittleJon - Frt & RR

FredW - Frt & RR

mikeames - GenII sliders

Diavalos - RR

Mr Canoehead - RR

CraigRegs - RR

whoknewit - RR

Maybe:

El Toro Joe

mikeams - RR

Gmann - RR

s.ga.rider - RR

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested...not sure which guards I like better...but still interested. Thanks for working on this Ray.

This is a Dallas based company and was at the motorcycle show last year. Talked to them for some time and

of a '15 with the cages and their logo'd aluminum badge. Their site shows the engine guards with both this aluminum badge and the older "apostrophe" shaped slider on the side of the engine guards, make sure you confirm which you're getting, wasn't crazy about the look of the aluminum. I kinda think it looks better with just the sliders, not the engine guards. This years show is on Jan 23 and will stop by their booth again if they're there. Anything I can ask them?

Thanks for the info, fjRaven. I have asked all those questions, as the aluminum isn't all that attractive. The website photos need updating.... One photo and the ordering box does say you have a choice of red (lipstick pink) or black, which I took to mean the lettering on the teardrop shaped slider. In fact, the regular sliders have FJR on them, and I'll find out if that is an option.

On the rear, the photo may be outdated, but they say it's a Delrin slider on the tube.... I'd rather it be black and more attractive..... I've asked for an updated photo.

I'll keep post 1 updated with a list of interested parties.

Interested if I can get some FZ-09 AXLE sliders
smile.png

A sale is a sale no ? More Moneys for T-Rex

Add me on as a maybe for the luggage guards only. I have a set of MC Enterprises bag guards which do not allow enough foot room for the pillion. T-Rex rear guards seem better designed.

Thanks for setting this up.

Gmann

I can't speak for anyone else, but their luggage guards (#N69-13LG) worked well for me. Wife's heel goes in the guard, so the rearmost limit is the bag just like without luggage guards.

Add me on as a maybe for the luggage guards only. I have a set of MC Enterprises bag guards which do not allow enough foot room for the pillion. T-Rex rear guards seem better designed.
I also have the MC Enterprises bag guards, which do indeed restrict foot room for the pillion. Wish I'd noticed that before I made the

purchase. So count me in as a "maybe."

I'm likely in if Gen II bag guards are included in the GB.

I asked if the group buy can include all products across all Gens. Will ask about products for those who have a second bike, don't see why this wouldn't be OK. I asked a number of other questions so we have clarity on type of slider, colour, rear guard slider material, new pictures as some are outdated, etc........ I hesitate to throw anything out just yet, but we should be able to get 15% with shipping extra (roughly $18-20 for any one item). We might make 20%. Gimme another couple of days to get some other details clarified........ hope to kick this off before the end of the week. Post 2 updated.

Mr Canoehead - Rear luggage guards are common to GenII and III, mount points are common, same kit number.

I'm interested in the crash bars front and rear, and whatever the low profile slider is that they mount on their front bar now.

Don't really want the front fork axle spool slider that they normally have in their package.

Will have to sell off my (expensive) SW Motech sliders, but since they are pristine (knock on wood) that shouldn't be a problem.

Ive got t rex sliders on the front already but like the new crash bars. Depending on price I may be interested in the bag guards.

I'm interested in the crash bars front and rear, and whatever the low profile slider is that they mount on their front bar now. Don't really want the front fork axle spool slider that they normally have in their package.

Will have to sell off my (expensive) SW Motech sliders, but since they are pristine (knock on wood) that shouldn't be a problem.
You put them on my bike and I'll take them Fred. If not I might be interested in sliders (if the price is right).

I'm interested in the crash bars front and rear, and whatever the low profile slider is that they mount on their front bar now. Don't really want the front fork axle spool slider that they normally have in their package.

Frugal Fred, you got an offer you can't refuse from your neighbour....... and it is more frugal to buy the front and rear bars separately to avoid that expensive axle slider thingie.

Gents if everyone was a firm order, I think we'll get 20%..... but stay tuned.