First Ride / 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
First Ride / 2016

A short - very short ride out on a clear but cold (Atlanta levels!) afternoon.

Had a bit of a vlog going too. First time around. Please be nice!
unsure.png

First Ride / 2016

Nothing wrong with getting out for a ride. The detail and effort in your site is solid for sure. I especially like the "oh crap" moment when the POPO rolled by and you had to check to see if you were getting pulled over. It's a good thing those cars were in front and you didn't pass them, I know I might have attempted to get some clear road in front of me and thus would have been going a little over the posted 45. Closer to 70. The video is good and clear also.

Thanks for the report and lastly, I hate where I live.........thanks for reminding me.

I second the kudos for a nicely done site and vid ... Well done ... Nice beautiful day ....

And also agree fully with CAV47 in the assessment that Illinois just plain sucks ... Corn anyone ???

Well done, Rambler. I like the way your site is setup.

On my East Texas Trip last month, I'm on Hwy 63. 2-lane, very light traffic. Speed limit is 75. I rollup to 3 vehicles in a row running about 70-ish. I wait about 1/2 mile for the oncoming traffic to clear, downshift once, and put the heat to the big red girl. Turns out vehicle #2 is an unmarked Sherriff Deputy from the Texas county I'm in. I'm ripping about 95 as I get along side of Barney. I had an "oh shit" moment for a split second, but there is on coming traffic ahead and I've got to finish what I started. I merged past vehicle #1 at around 95 and slowed back to 75 immediately, waiting for the red and blue lights to appear in my mirror. Never happened. That was a good day on many levels.

And I asked that you be nice !!

Last edited by a moderator: