Couldn't Stand It

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisJ

Reaction score
The sunshine and 44 degree temperature convinced me to give in this afternoon and ride out to North Bend and back. Short 1 hour ride but it sure felt good after not riding the past several weeks. Battery wouldn't spin the motor fast enough to start so I had to use a booster battery. Time to install the new battery that has been waitng patiently. Garage time tomorrow.

The sunshine and 44 degree temperature convinced me to give in this afternoon and ride out to North Bend and back. Short 1 hour ride but it sure felt good after not riding the past several weeks. Battery wouldn't spin the motor fast enough to start so I had to use a booster battery. Time to install the new battery that has been waitng patiently. Garage time tomorrow.
Put the bike on a battery tender if not already. I have never replaced a motorcycle battery that has been kept on a tender. Then again, none of my bikes have been more than 7 years old.

Ready to go, getting all of them out tomorrow...planning on a couple hundred combined miles.

As long as I stay away from the shady spots it should be good rides!
bike.gif

--G

I last rode on Christmas day, unheard of around here. And I'll be riding again today too.
punk.gif
Although the roads are damp there's no danger of ice and the salt trucks haven't been out yet this winter. This is the first winter ever where the FJR has been usefully parked in the snowblowers normal staging area.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ready to go, getting all of them out tomorrow...planning on a couple hundred combined miles.As long as I stay away from the shady spots it should be good rides!
bike.gif

--G
Wonder if you got out today G. All around here was frosty slick stuff, weatherman lied again. Got the FJR out for 40+ yesterday between 1 and 3.

Ready to go, getting all of them out tomorrow...planning on a couple hundred combined miles.As long as I stay away from the shady spots it should be good rides!
bike.gif

--G
Wonder if you got out today G. All around here was frosty slick stuff, weatherman lied again. Got the FJR out for 40+ yesterday between 1 and 3.
Yup, only got about half of what I wanted to, but all three were out and safely returned to the garage. Lots of frosty spots in the shade!
cold.gif

--G

I just went skiing, still too much snow laying around here. I did look at her as I went out of the garage.

Put the bike on a battery tender if not already. I have never replaced a motorcycle battery that has been kept on a tender. Then again, none of my bikes have been more than 7 years old.
Bike has been on a Battery Tender Jr. since new. Battery is fine as long as I remember to connect to the tender but I suspect it is getting close to end of life. I have one of the Delco batteries I posted the lead about a couple of years ago ready to go, took it over to O'Reilly today for a load test and it is fine so as soon as it warms up a little I intend to switch the battery out for the new one. Have a little jump battery that I picked up at Costco that I carry with me.