The sun also rises in winter.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy the images that follow. I am going to be writing less, so I have the time to ride more this year, but I am hoping the images will convey more than my words could manage or hope to. Happy New Year!

Link below:

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-sun-also-rises-in-winter.html

DSC_1408%20Large.jpg

Thank you for reading!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful pictures - you have made great use of the sunlight.

Where along the PCH were those shots taken? I've driven (cage) it between Monterey and San Francisco and it looks (more or less) the same as what you depict. Does the topography change as you go further south or north?

As I looked at those pictures, I turned up my speakers wanting to hear the waves crashing in. NICE!! Thanks for sharing.

BTW, the very northern tip of California is the same latitude as the southernmost tip of Canada........ different kind of weather though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most excellent Sam!
I enjoyed the images. Thanks!Yer a good pitcher taker...

smile.png
Wonderful pictures puppychow!!Thanks!!
smile.png
Great pics and insightful prose, thanks Sam
smile.png

Very nice pics...weather looked good too! Thanks Sam.
--G
Thanks very much my friends! I am glad you enjoyed the pictures! It was a good day to be on the coast. :)

Beautiful pictures - you have made great use of the sunlight.
Where along the PCH were those shots taken? I've driven (cage) it between Monterey and San Francisco and it looks (more or less) the same as what you depict. Does the topography change as you go further south or north?
Thanks pants! The pictures are along the Sonoma Coast. North of Bodega Bay. The coastal mountains rise and fall as you go both South and North, rocky cliffs mixed in with rocky beaches and sandy beaches. All of it is gorgeous of course.

As I looked at those pictures, I turned up my speakers wanting to hear the waves crashing in. NICE!! Thanks for sharing.
BTW, the very northern tip of California is the same latitude as the southernmost tip of Canada........ different kind of weather though.
That's a tid-bit to stow away in mind for trivia night! I didn't know that! Glad you enjoyed the pictures, thank you! Also, if you haven't been - make a trip to the California coast - you would love it! :)

Latest posts