2016 NFL Playoffs & Superbowl

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Now that we have KC and Pittsburgh

Who, what, when where and why?

And Cincinnati should be ashamed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Titans are #1 (Draft pick)
punk.gif

The Chiefs started their season 1-5 and now have won 11 in a row.

The Chiefs have a real chance. Six other wildcard teams have won the super bowl and the Chiefs are the hottest team in the NFL.

I'm pulling for the Buccaneers.
Gary, do they even have a head coach? Keep pulling. :)
I have a co-worker, who's been a Bengal fan his whole life (late 30's). 2 years ago he announced he had given up on them, and got rid of all of his Bengal paraphernalia. Last week, I asked him about the Bengals being in the playoffs, and he reminded me about their playoff record of late. I said " Yeah, but maybe this year will be different.". His response was " Nope, just watch the game.".

Right now, they have to be the hardest team to be a fan of. Like Gary, being a Bucs fan, I can understand their frustration and discontent, though I'm still a fan, and have hope for our near future. Snake bit doesn't begin to describe this team!

^^^^ and where is the humor in that??
finger.gif

It's tough to be a Vikings fan sometimes.
Tough being a Seahawks fan sometimes...(Superbowl 49). Guess that's why they play the game and it's never over until it's over, or until the fat lady sings...

I think that it's a shame that Bud Grant never won a championship. Loved the Vikings in those days, with the Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton. Still glad that the Seahawks squeaked one out.

I think that it's a shame that Bud Grant never won a championship. Loved the Vikings in those days, with the Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton. Still glad that the Seahawks squeaked one out.
Back when I was in 4th Grade, I went with my mom to a department store and saw REAL football helmets...with padding and everthin!...well, I begged and pleaded and my mom spent some of her non-existent hard-earned money on a football helmet for me. I joined my older brothers and the neighbor boys in their football games...my brother in his Detroit Lions helmet, my other brother in his Dallas Cowboys helmet...and me in this purple helmet that had Viking horns on it. We had a ton of fun playing our games, and I started following the team I had a helmet with. Knew nothing about them...then learned about quarterback Joe Kapp, Carl Eller, Alan Page, and the rest of the purple people eaters, Bill Brown, Gene Washington...

I loved how tough Bud Grant was...I guess all the coaches in those days were tough sunzabitches. I loved that he didn't let them use heaters on the sidelines.

Back when I was in 4th Grade, I went with my mom to a department store and saw REAL football helmets...with padding and everthin!...well, I begged and pleaded and my mom spent some of her non-existent hard-earned money on a football helmet for me. I joined my older brothers and the neighbor boys in their football games...my brother in his Detroit Lions helmet, my other brother in his Dallas Cowboys helmet...and me in this purple helmet that had Viking horns on it. We had a ton of fun playing our games, and I started following the team I had a helmet with. Knew nothing about them...then learned about quarterback Joe Kapp, Carl Eller, Alan Page, and the rest of the purple people eaters, Bill Brown, Gene Washington...

I loved how tough Bud Grant was...I guess all the coaches in those days were tough sunzabitches. I loved that he didn't let them use heaters on the sidelines.
yeah...You'll get nothing, and like it!

The lesson of Wild Card weekend is: Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

The KC Chiefs were just dominating in their performance. New England could have their hands full and I think KC will take this.

The Steelers won against the Broncos a few weeks ago. They will need their best game to go forward. Too close to call,but the Broncos are at home and due..

Seattle was just plain lucky, and that won't work against undefeated Carolina.

Green Bay will serve as a nice cheese dip for the Cardinals. Not even close.

Some of our family friends were Jim Brown and Lew "The Toe" Groza (Cleveland Browns). During his last year with the Browns (1965) I was loaned an entire Jim Brown Cleveland Browns uniform, helmet to shoes which I kept in a shrine my closet for the whole season. How do you say A-W-E-S-O-M-E for a football fan teenager? I would haul 'Jim' out and bring him to our neighborhood pick-up football games. No part of the uniform came close to fitting a skinny, scrawny teen but that didn't matter. Lew was at first a business contact my father used in marketing but later became a regular family friend that was often over at our house. Some of the coldest football games I ever attended were to watch the Browns. The Cleveland Municipal Stadium was right on the lake and wicked cold winds would blow out of Canada, across the lake then swoop down one side of the stadium, across the field and up the other side flash freezing everyone along the way. In those days Cleveland was a contendah and everyone wanted to sit in the Dawg Pound and bark at the other team
laugh.png

I expect I'll watch the local football team next weekend and see if the last men standing can win anything with the only 8 healthy players left on the entire team. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's harder to win in the NFL when most of the top offense and defense players are out for the year and most of the rest haven't had time to heal from their injuries. Other teams have injuries, but nothing comes close to what the local boys have battled through this year. I don't think The Hoodie can coach the last few players much farther in the playoffs and short of land mines and trap holes in the field I don't think any other plans will work.

The lesson of Wild Card weekend is: Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
The KC Chiefs were just dominating in their performance. New England could have their hands full and I think KC will take this.

The Steelers won against the Broncos a few weeks ago. They will need their best game to go forward. Too close to call,but the Broncos are at home and due..

Seattle was just plain lucky, and that won't work against undefeated Carolina.

Green Bay will serve as a nice cheese dip for the Cardinals. Not even close.
Counter point:

The chiefs will be playing the healthiest Patriots team since week 10(when they were still undefeated) and playing in Foxborough.Pats win.

The Steelers better protect Rapelessburger. He is already dinged up. They better keep their coaching staff off the field too. Broncos win.

Seattle can not play like they did against the vikings and expect to go anywhere. Carolina is not undefeated. Carolina wins

If the cardinals can protect Palmer the cheese will be easily diced. Cardinals win.

Some of our family friends were Jim Brown and Lew "The Toe" Groza (Cleveland Browns). During his last year with the Browns (1965) I was loaned an entire Jim Brown Cleveland Browns uniform, helmet to shoes which I kept in a shrine my closet for the whole season. How do you say A-W-E-S-O-M-E for a football fan teenager? I would haul 'Jim' out and bring him to our neighborhood pick-up football games. No part of the uniform came close to fitting a skinny, scrawny teen but that didn't matter. Lew was at first a business contact my father used in marketing but later became a regular family friend that was often over at our house. Some of the coldest football games I ever attended was to watch the Browns. The Cleveland Municipal Stadium was right on the lake and wicked cold winds would swoop down one side of the stadium, across the field and up the other side flash freezing everyone along the way. In those days Cleveland was a contendah and everyone wanted to sit in the Dawg Pound and bark at the other team
laugh.png

I expect I'll watch the local football team next weekend and see if the last men standing can win anything with the only 8 healthy players left on the entire team. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's harder to win in the NFL when the top offense and defense players are out for the year and most of the rest haven't had time to heal from their injuries.
Whoa. I am not worthy!

That is SO totally cool!