Bolt/Screw List with actual sizes - Anyone have one for 2008?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antman

Reaction score
My apologies if this is out there but I could not find anything searching here or on Google.

I am looking for a list of the cowling bolts but with the sizes so I can order off McMaster Carr. I found all the Yamaham numbers but that doesn't help get to a description to search McMaster. I am in process of repainting the bike and as I removed the cowling I found the previous owner "forgot" to put some of the fasteners back on. As I reinstall the pieces I want all the fasteners back in place but I don't feel like paying the dealer prices.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't recall a comprehensive list ever being generated. Although it's great to buy local, consider one of the on-line Yamaha parts houses (Cycle Parts Warehouse, Stadium Yamaha, etc.) and you'll save a ton of money purchasing OEM parts. While there are a lot of fasteners, it won't add up to much money.

A second option would be aftermarket fasteners in a multitude of anodized colors. McMaster or local fasteners would be my third choice.

Just my $.02...Happy hunting.

--G

...A second option would be aftermarket fasteners in a multitude of anodized colors...
Tasty Nuts makes kits of anodized hardware for specific motorcycle types, including the FJR. Fred W had a Tasty kit installed on his Blue FJR. Well, he didn't actually have it installed, his FJR came to him already pre-blinged. Tasty Nuts bling don't be cheap (or inexpensive).

Antman posted: ...... I am looking for a list of the cowling bolts but with the sizes .....
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony
No help here, Antman, but my (extremely) limited experience with the cowling and fasteners led me quickly to the conclusion that there are at least a dozen types and sizes in the FJR fairing assembly.

Now what kind of engineering team does that? Especially in the 21st century of computerized CAD drawings?

Dunno if this will help or not.

The Yamaha microfiche shows the bolt size, you just have to know how to read it.

The part number is broken down into 3 parts 99999-06012-00 is an example. The second part, which is 06012 tells you the size. That bolt is 6mm in diameter and 12mm in length. If the second part was 08024 the bolt would be 8mm in diameter and 24mm in length. The first part of the part number tell what type of part it is such as bolt, screw, washer etc. and last 2 digits generally determines the finish such as black, cad, etc.

Niehart and Ironbeam.both referenced the information I remembered but couldn't find. I am going to copy it into a Word Document again and save it again. I saved it in a safe place the last time, that's why I can't find it.

Latest posts