Highway Pegs for use on T-Rex Engine Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions for some kind of Highway Pegs that can be used on the T-Rex tubular steel Engine Guards on a 3rd Gen FJR.

I previously had some MC Larry highway Pegs mounted on the bike, but those type of pegs are not compatible with these tubular Engine Guards. I assume, (but do not know for sure) that they would also not work well with the Canyon Cage or other brands of engine guards as the the pegs would be under the "cage and could not flip out.

I've seen some pegs that just clamp onto tubular bars, but have not seen any mentioned here being used in conjunction with the T-Rex guards. Anyone worked this out already?

Here are the engine guards I'm talking about. You can see the "cage" covers the area that the MCL highway pegs normally mount in.

2016-01-27%2007.18.12_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The T-Rex Engine guards are 13/16" (a tad less than 7/8"). So the first option that calls for 1" to 1 1/4" may be a bit too big.

But, I can envision wrapping the tube with rubber before putting a clamp-on foot peg on them anyway.

Thanks for the two suggestions. Any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I have a 2105A model and am considering the T-Rex Luggage Guards and sliders for 324.95.

How difficult are these to install? Is this something best performed by a dealer?

Thanks!

Squat

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SquatNYC" data-cid="1286657" data-time="1454510377"><p>

Hi guys,<br />

I have a 2105A model and am considering the T-Rex Luggage Guards and sliders for 324.95.<br />

How difficult are these to install? Is this something best performed by a dealer?<br />

Thanks!<br />

Squat</p></blockquote>

Super easy installation