New Self-Cancelling Turn Signals Product!?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen_C

Reaction score
A new European company is designing and looking for beta testers of their new product! Looks interesting and promising for those of you who have been belly-aching for this feature. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I as well. I'm a firm believer in having a turn signal cancelling system. One forgotten cancel can lead to a lifetime of hurt or worse.

I already have self cancelling signals. They don't get cancelled unless I do it mySELF!
rolleyes.gif

I already have self cancelling signals. They don't get cancelled unless I do it mySELF!
rolleyes.gif
Yeah...I have gotten used to hitting my turn signal, after every turn...sometimes on twisty roads, my thumb gets quite the workout.
rolleyes.gif

I have a Kisan unit which works well but I signed up anyhew

and I never forget to cancel the signals unless this happens

article-0-0471DD5B000005DC-756_468x676%5B1%5D.jpg

It appears to address the concerns of previously available or OEM systems....... they could be onto something. If the thing actually works like they're saying it does, even the naysayers might like it.

The way the site info reads, is seems like it's a system that cancels the signal indication but not necessarily reset it, ie the thumb button doesn't get reset. It seems like they're using a lean angle sensor plus acceleration sensing to determine when to activate the cancel. If that's true then it'd be better than the currently available after market units that function simply off of time or number of flashes. Pretty cool concept if that's what it is. Wonder what the dollar damage would be for this little jewel.

I've been working on a home grown turn signal cancelling concept of my own that would tap into the starter enable circuit with a relay. That relay would drive a time delay relay, or not depending on it's state. The difference with my concept and the after market units currently available online is if the clutch is pulled in or the bike is in neutral, such as when waiting on a red light, the cancel timer would not be timing and the turn signal would function as normal. The signal cancellation would only come into effect when the bike is in gear and the clutch is lever is released, that's when the timer relay would kick in and when it's timed out, it cancels the turn indication. In addition to cancelling the indication, I plan to tie in a vehicle back up alarm that would sound when the cancel feature is active as a reminder to reset the handlebar button. If my concept proves out, it should work on any bike that has a clutch switch/ neutral switch starter enable circuit.

All of this because I got spoiled with the auto cancel feature on my V65, and can't seem to find it in me to reliably remember turning the durned thing off. Why keep things too simple right? It looks like readily available automotive grade components for this would run less than $50.When I get it working, I'll post up with details for anyone that is interested.

I got the following response for the pre sale.

my name is Miha Kovač and I am a founder and CEO of Smart Turn System. I would like to personaly thank you for your beta test application and I would like to offer you to be part of limited group of selected riders who will receive STS device first!

Since we would like to establish a friendly and trustful cooperation we have prepared a limited offer to get STS device for 79 € + 10 € shipping cost (apx. 90+12 $ - tax included when applicable) instead of full price of 149€. You can make payment trough this link: https://www.safer-turn.com/pre-order/

You have 7 days to reserve your spot by purchasing STS device at a special price than we will offer it to the next rider in line. You can cancel your reservation at any time and we will fully refund your money!

If you have any question what so ever, please, don't hesitate to contact our team [email protected]. We will be happy to answer!

More about us and STS device on Gizmag, Digital Trends or our blog.

Thank you for helping us make the road a safer place for motorcyclists.

MIHA KOVAC
CEO

www.safer-turn.com
--

Interested in how well it works. I don't mind paying full price for one ... if it works correctly ...

Interested in how well it works. I don't mind paying full price for one ... if it works correctly ...
The links provided have some pretty good information. My apprehension is that I have to splice into my factory wiring. I prefer a plug and play setup where I just unplug a harness and install the unit inline. If this is an option I think it would be my next purchase but if not, then I am on the fence.

The response to my inquiry

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I understand your concerns, unfortunatelly we do not offer plug'n'play version fort his motorcycle at this moment. It is very hard for us to gather all the neccessary connectors and unfortunatelly I can't give you information on when plug'n'play will be available. Nevertheless even this earlier versions will be very easy to install and it will be possible to return your motorcycle at previous condition. You will receive detailed instructions before your device and you will be able to cancel your order if you won't be comftorable making such modification.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Miha

Hmmm, interesting. Tim, I agree, it would be better not to have to splice the factory harness, but if you do go through with this, I'd be very interested to see it in action.

For 168 dollars, plus 11 and a quarter shipping, plus whatever Customs might decide to charge because I'm importing it. Pushing the button all by myself seems to have real value...... i wonders if I can claim that on a resume.... Left thumb worth $180.

At near 200 by the time you add posi-taps? connectors, I will pass on this option, IMO, JSNS

The links provided have some pretty good information. My apprehension is that I have to splice into my factory wiring. I prefer a plug and play setup where I just unplug a harness and install the unit inline. If this is an option I think it would be my next purchase but if not, then I am on the fence.

The response to my inquiry

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I understand your concerns, unfortunatelly we do not offer plug'n'play version fort his motorcycle at this moment. It is very hard for us to gather all the neccessary connectors and unfortunatelly I can't give you information on when plug'n'play will be available. Nevertheless even this earlier versions will be very easy to install and it will be possible to return your motorcycle at previous condition. You will receive detailed instructions before your device and you will be able to cancel your order if you won't be comftorable making such modification.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Miha
You beat me to it, I haven't gotten their response back yet, but I asked basically the same question you did. This seems like a sweet, near oem solution, but no way I am going to cut into the harness on my bike. For $90, I'd love to get it if the factory matching connectors could be sourced.

I've been slowly collecting components to get my signal cancellation brainstorm project from the earlier post off the ground. Because of not wanting to cut into the harness, I've revised the concept in one that doesn't cancel the signals, but would give a warning when timed out.