Remus Hexacone - Pricing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Gosh a while back I had landed on the Remus Hexacone for my 2008. Was just waiting for this spring to purchase. I swear this muff-eller was not more than a 1000 bucks. But, in my recent searches... $1300 bucks! Ouch.
no2.gif

https://www.remusexhauststore.com/product/fjr-1300-06-up-remus-hexacone-silencer

Does anybody know a good place to get a better price on these?

Grazi.

FJR1300.jpg

Man this thread makes me feel good about the Staintune mufflers I purchased back in 2006 for my 05 FJR. I thought they were high priced back then at $795.
smile.png
That same set of pipes have served me well on that 05 then a 08 and now on a 2014 FJR. Way over 100,000 miles and they still sound and look as good as the day I installed them on my first FJR. Beautifully made polished stainless steel and they never have to be repacked. If I were shopping on a budget I would get a set of Yosh pipes for that FJR, good quality and reasonably priced. Stay away from Two Bros as they are in my opinion cheap both cosmetically and in build quality, particularly if you are looking at for a carbon fiber wrap mufflers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful with the V&H. A few had issues with the pipe fitting the head pipe correctly. More than once, people hace said V&H customer service sucks.

ONLY WHAT I HAVE HEARD. I HAVE NOT DEALT WITH THEM. However, it was enough that I didn't even consider them when I bought my TB pipes.

Even better: leave the stock mufflers on, avoid angering non-riders and avoid advertising to law enforcement that they should turn around and point the laser at the loud...