2016-01-30 KrZy8 Washed And Waxed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
2016-01-30 KrZy8 Washed And Waxed

Who would think that with 198,820 miles on the odo... living on a dirt road.. Commuting in salt air from the Pacific ocean.. that this bike, a 2006 Yamaha FJR1300, would still look so good? Never down. Not once. Knock on wood.

..and Yes, that IS a 1979 KZ1300 oil filter in the pan below the table...

The lower nose cowling has paint worn off from the dirt road gravel...

..and the top case.. was TwoWheelNut's, Tim.. and no matter how ragged, it will always be on KrZy8 or Wabs.

I know, you WANT this bike. Too bad. She's mine. NOT for sale. We have waaay too many miles to go..

I mean, she is freaking GORGEOUS!

I know every connector, every fastener, every rivnut, every strong and weak point on her.

The Aux Tank has a broken baffle which I need to fix.. but for now, it's all good.

Tim's last name was Bates. The CARP sticker is for Carpenteria, CA where Tim lived. And the FYYFF is for you, my friend!

The evolution of KrZ8. First aux lights were Soltek Fuego HID's. Two broken subframes later... Clearwater LED's.

The moniker 'KrZy8' comes from the license plate. Check out the '8'. It's upside down.

Cockpit view. Many hours.. Many hours.. Not bad for a CandyButt guy.

I'm very happy with this bike. She owes me phucking NOTHING! And, in two days, she will go bash the 200k mile mark.. although she does have a replacement engine due to an error by a tech to not plug the airbox after intalling non-CA lower cowlings thus allowing dirty air into the intake downstream of the filter.

Ha - I am just waiting for someone to come along and bad mouth an 06 - you know it needs a power commander and a throttle tube to tame the beast. Ride it like you stole - ten freakin' years ago. Nicely done. I think I will go out an give my 06 a hug.

thumbsup.gif

--G

Hope you haven't got to ride through that mud behind. You might get it dirty
no2.gif

Many congrats on such a well kept bike, unusual to have a bike so well ridden looking like a garage queen. But not for long, I think
no.gif

And I've often wondered how she got her name. All is revealed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaned up well Don, seems like every time I see it you have it covered in blue painters tap. They become like kids don't they!

Well, I think you've run at least 50 percent of the life out of her. And paint? Who cares. More stickers! By the way, you need a "JSNS" sticker, not?

Donnie...

I think you should really follow the lead of those crazy Canuckistans (Rob and Scott), mount up some 50/50 knobs on that old thing and give it the kind of ride it has earned. I mean, that bike hasn't seen the arctic circle yet, has it?
unsure.png

Just think of the total adventure involved in riding a 200k mile street-touring bike to Alaska! And you've already got all the obligatory, but groovy, ADVrider type stickers all over it.

You may not make it all the way there, or back, but think of the stories you'll have.

By the way, I'm hearing that the new Shinko Big Blocks are the bomb, though I'm not positive they come in 17" sizes suitable for the Feej. We already know that Continental makes TKC's sized for our fat girls.

Last edited by a moderator: