• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Mirror Extenders/wideners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kelvininin, if you don't find a set of extenders, another solution to seeing more than just your elbows are FZ-1 mirrors.

They bolt right up.

Here you go - if you want to pop for new. I have these on my 2008. Work great.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-mirror-wideners-yamaha-fjr1300-06

phpSVqAyh.jpg

Hey Kelvininin, if you don't find a set of extenders, another solution to seeing more than just your elbows are FZ-1 mirrors.
They bolt right up.
Fantastic! I will consider this an option as well. May likely be a more cost effective solution. Typically takeoffs can be found for cheap.

Howdy, fellow frozen tundra resident! I found a set of aftermarket FZ1 "clones" for under $25 shipped on EBAY but don't know how to attach the link inside this forum so send me your email address and I'll do it there. They are of surprisingly good quality overall, optically correct and bolt on without a problem. These mirrors do not fold inward as the genuine Yamaha FZ1 units do but some feature needed to be eliminated to achieve this price point.

Thanks for your time,

George

FZ1 mirrors make the bike look overly bat eared or if you will ant antenna-ed in my opinion. And they don't fit the style of the bike. But, if the purpose is unimpeded wider views of what's behind yah - they seem well suited for the job.
smile.png

...I found a set of aftermarket FZ1 "clones" for under $25 shipped on EBAY...They are of surprisingly good quality overall, optically correct and bolt on without a problem. These mirrors do not fold inward as the genuine Yamaha FZ1 units do...
There are Yamaha FZ1 mirrors and Chinese FZ1 mirrors. The big issue with the non Yamaha mirrors is the folding pivot under the rubber base cover. When the pivot gets loose and the mirror starts to flop around people have typically replaced the bits with a bolt and nut. The mirrors won't flop anymore, but won't fold anymore either.

I guess the Chinese ones are a good test to see if they are going to work better for you, but if you decide that do, you may want to spend the extra coin to get the OEM ones then. The quality is much, much better. And that folding feature is important if/when your fat girl ever decides to take a little nap. Especially so on the 3rd Gens which are prone to break the aluminum subframes underneath, even after zero mph drops with the stock mirrors. The earlier models just bend the subframes, but you still end up having to try and bend them back and risk breakage.

installed the FZ1 mirrors. What a world of difference. The stock mirrors are basically worthless. I believe the FZ1 mirrors look pretty good as well. Its nice to see something other than me in the mirrors.