Your thoughts on the Held Arctic Gore-Tex Gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
After much research, including looking at the Held X-Trafit line of gloves (I hated their wrist closure - not enough velcro and wrist closures are important - they are what keep the glove on your hand in the event of a get-off), I narrowed it down to this one:

I was looking for Gore-Tex because if it leaks (in it's lifetime) - I send it back.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-arctic-gloves

Anyone own and use this pair? It's mucho dinero, so I am looking for honest feedback and experiences with this glove - Why do you like it? Why don't you like it? How's the fit, comfort, feel of controls? Anything-else you want to add about these gloves, etc.

My second choice is this one - The Held Rain-Cloud, which is supposed to work best with heated grips and doesn't sacrifice feel of the controls, but I am not fond of the velcro stopping mid-way across the wrist, esp. if I wear it under the jacket sleeve in the rain. I don't have fat wrists.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-rain-cloud-gore-tex-x-trafit-gloves

Thank you very much!

Sam-Chow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome looking pair of gloves! One note of caution on the hard plastic knuckle guard. Ken Meese - BMW K1600 LD rider extraordinaire- had a get off a couple of IronButt's ago and broke his hand (among other things). It seems his hand smacked the concrete and the hard plastic knuckle guard fractured all of the bones surrounding it. No broken knuckles though
smile.png

Looks like nice gloves and I do trust Anthony's opinion on gear. My biggest concern would be the liner, I just posted this question to the product Q&A.

Is the liner sewn in at the fingertips so that wet hands do not pull the liner out with it?

That's a good point Brad. If the liner pulls out due to damp hands, then it would be a PITA if not nearly impossible to get your hand back in again. That would suck majorly!!

Looks like nice gloves and I do trust Anthony's opinion on gear. My biggest concern would be the liner, I just posted this question to the product Q&A.

Is the liner sewn in at the fingertips so that wet hands do not pull the liner out with it?

One answer already came in:

Danette: Yes they are sewn in. But like other waterproof gloves the liner will stick to your hands a little bit. I think eventually the liner will pull away as a result. But I've had them about two years now and it hasn't happened yet.
Looks like they posed this question to 14 buyers of this glove so watch your link for possibly more answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this web site https://www.fc-moto.de/Motorcycle-Gloves/Held-Gloves. They are one of the biggest M/C accessory dealers in Germany. They have various Held gloves that aren't made for import to the USA and they sometimes have close outs on Held gloves that are very good especially since the dollars is doing so well against the Euro. I bought the Held Touring Five gloves which were goretex and insulated on sale from them for about $65.00 and I bought the Held Evo Thrux racing gloves for about $150.00 total both pairs. I'm very happy with both pairs of gloves and FC-Moto sent them out right away, but it took about three weeks to get to me due to customs. I just looked at their web site and they don't have the Evo-Thrux reduced down any more, but they have lots of choices that you won't see on an American web site.

They look nice. My XXL waterproof insulated gloves are too small. Might have to pull the trigger if I can find a place to try them on.

That's a good point Brad. If the liner pulls out due to damp hands, then it would be a PITA if not nearly impossible to get your hand back in again. That would suck majorly!!

I learnt early on to remove gloves by pulling the tips of the fingers to keep the liners in place, particularly in wet conditions. Takes longer to remove them, but makes up by saving many minutes when putting them back on.

Greetings, I have the Held Air N Dry Gloves and really like them they are built very well and provide the ability to ride with the liner side or a thin side for warmer weather. Riding in the Yukon is guaranteed to be cool to cold, sometimes warm, but I have found that in cold weather these gloves matched to heated grips are great. They have very good protection, they can fit a bit small so go for a larger size if in doubt. The problem that I have found with "winter" type gloves is that they can be bulky - these gloves are not.

Mike.

Latest posts