Problem with Cee Bailey light covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee stroke

Reaction score
Have a 2015 FJR, purchased a set of Cee Bailey light protectors a couple of months ago. Bike has been run a freeway speeds with no problem. Yesterday noticed that I was missing the left protector velcro pads still in place. Called Cee Bailey they will sell me a new one but no warranty on things you install. I had their covers on my Honda ST1100 with no problems. Just curious if anyone has had a problem with the head light covers on the 2015. Willing to sell right cover at a discount.
rolleyes.gif

I have an extra one. Can't remember if it is right or left. I'll check tomorrow. I may forget so PM me. I had one get shattered by a rock and Cee Bailey gave me a set for free, hence the extra one. If I have what you need, then you can have it.

PS. Sorry, I just realized I have a picture of the damaged one while it was still on my bike. It was the right side, so I have a spare left side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Email me your name and address and I'll send it on its way.

[email protected]

Also, CB is chintzy with their DuoLock fasteners. They cut them in half and do not do a particularly good job of that. It is worth the cost of buying your own DuoLock dots and using four whole ones. I've found them on eBay, but there are other online sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, CB is chintzy with their DuoLock fasteners. They cut them in half and do not do a particularly good job of that. It is worth the cost of buying your own DuoLock dots and using four whole ones. I've found them on eBay, but there are other online sources.
Timely info for me. Thanks Pterodactyl.

I've found the duo-lock fasteners work fairly well but it is very important they are placed at locations where they marry up well. If you do not have them situated properly the wind will get behind the guard and pop it off. I take a look at mine on every gas stop to make sure all is well.