Sad day, Let the old girl go

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

Reaction score
Sad day to day as I let the old Trident go.
sad.png

DSCN3704_zpsugxeuka1.jpg

DSCN0963_zpsiszuwa4a.jpg

DSCN3706_zpsizxslmmo.jpg

It went with a old Brit dude.

DSCN8454_zpswct3gtj4.jpg

I didn't gain much room in the cycle shop.

DSCN0967_zpsnwzy3dyf.jpg

As the Bushtec replaced the Tridents place.

DSCN8459_zpsulp98dof.jpg

I hate letting old friends go,even when you make a little bit on them like this old Panhead I rode for twenty years.

DSCN8461_zps6mbfvllu.jpg

Well I'll finish cleaning up ten years worth farkle wiring a bit on the FJR.

DSCN8456_zpsxwatfclh.jpg

Kind of ugly when she's naked.

DSCN8457_zpsxsj70dhy.jpg

Well back to wiring.

DSCN8462_zpsdtlm70ss.jpg

So long old girl.

DSCN3708_zpsj9scs97n.jpg

Some day I'll find another in a barn, bring her back. I wonder what she will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain, as I become unnecessarily attached to inanimate objects (cars, motorcycles, cameras, etc). Letting go of my '56 Panhead some 20+ yrs ago, I still think about it like an old girlfriend....that I would like to hook up with again. :grin:

My only motorcycle accident was on a Trident. Riding pillion and fell off the back at about 45 MPH. Young, stupid, drunk... painful. My friend brought the bike back from the UK in the early 70s. It was stolen in Richmond, VA in 75-76. In 2011 he got a call from the VA State Police to tell him they had found the bike in Lynchburg, VA. By bike they meant a rusty frame. My friend did not claim the "bike".

At least it went to a good home. We can all only hope for that with our past, well loved bikes.

FWIW she looked really nice. I hope that you got what you needed for the deal.

I've got an old u-haul moving blanket I use. Most anything will work. I don't remember if your has the bumper on the back or not. If you don't have the bumper then use a 2x4 cut to length and brace under the suspension so it does't tip forward.

BIG M I S T A K E. But you already know that by now.

there, am I helping?

just kidding, Kev..
smile.png

I've got an old u-haul moving blanket I use. Most anything will work. I don't remember if your has the bumper on the back or not. If you don't have the bumper then use a 2x4 cut to length and brace under the suspension so it does't tip forward.
I use carpet under the back and a jack stand to keep it upright, works great. Also a good time to spray some teflon lube at the places needing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get to needing to visit an old Brit bike, you know where I am at, Pan. Heck, I'll even let you snuggle between the sexy Italian twins.