Olympia Airglide 4 on Sale Cheap - Any Good?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobCo

Reaction score
Olympia Airglide 4 jackets and Airglide 3 pants on sale at Revzilla. What are your experiences and opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent gear. I have used Airglide 2 and Airglide 3 since about 2008. I use mine for 4-season riding, with winter use I use the shell under the mesh jacket with electric gear. It's well ventilated for summer riding and quite flexible. The down-side is the waterproof layer is below the mesh, so while it keeps you dry, the exterior fabric can be wet.

The jacket in the Airglide 3 series ran small. I wear an XL in Airglide 2, but needed XXL in Airglide 3. Pants are generously sized to fit over clothing, and extra long. Pant cuffs are designed to be hemmed.

LOVE my airglide1. Olympia is a notch way above most of the stuff out there imho-Cordura vs plain nylon/polyester for one thing. Thanks to your post i just ordered Mrs1911 a pair of airglide pants.

I have a set of airglide 1's I bought used. I have used the absolute crap out of them. I found someone selling a barely used airglide 1 silver jacket in my size for cheap and snagged it as I'd worn all the reflective stuff off the piping on my original. This is my go to suit for spring through fall in Texas and even parts of the winter with the quilted liners. Great stuff, grab it and you won't be disappointed.

My wife has Airglide 3 and she likes it a lot. Two tips. For winter, just use duct tape on the mesh part of the outer shell. Sounds silly, but it really blocks the wind so you don't have cold spots on your heated liner. Second tip is from my Olympia gear. (not airglide) . Since it uses waterproof liners, use some 3M waterproof spray on it once in a while. Mine leaked a bit at the seams but the spray solved the problem fairly cheap. High quality constuction and the also look really nice.

One other nice thing with Olympia is the pants can be hemmed for length.

I have an Olympia airglide......Love it !!!! Despite being a mesh jacket (with removable liner), I have on occasion added my Gerbings liner under it, and ridden down into the high 40s ....remove both liners and it is good into the 90s or more.

I've been using an Airglide jacket (2 or 3 - can't remember) for a couple years now. It works pretty well for me, with a couple small modifications to accommodate my extra short torso. When it gets really cold out I wear my winter coat, otherwise it's the Airglide.

I'm on my 2nd set of pants. Easy on/off and good ventilation for warm weather. Just OK protection for suburban riding but not aware of anything better for the price range.

Hip padding is my primary complaint. It's a foam-type material that is a bit fragile and tends to degrade over time (couple years).

Airglide (2 or 3?) zipped to Revit Airwave pants is my summer mesh combo. Designed and fits well and flows a lot of air. Once or twice I've used the liner and found it very warm. I wanted something hi-viz but mine is just a bit too much for my liking. The newer models offer some nice designs to break it up a little while still offering the increased visibility.

Another big plus for Airglide gear. The liners are very warm for how not-bulky they are, and the liner jacket looks and works well without the outer layer. No need to take an extra jacket when you're on the road. Because it's low-bulk, works great with good rain gear over it for more extreme weather. I prefer the flexibility of rain gear over (you hope) waterproof gear or liners cuz it packs small and adds a little wind or cold resistance when it's needed.

Top and bottom zip together easily in the back, easy to toss in the washer and you don't even need to take the armor out first. Thanks for the heads up on the sale price (it's here, btw). Thinking about a new set for me now, too, in fact. Wonder if RevZilla will be closing out a lot of things now they're selling out.

I use Olympia as 4 season gear, but rain gear over top is better than rain liner under.... also I substitute my heated W&S liner for their warm liner. Those are excellent prices for Airglide 4 at Revzilla!

Airglides are the bomb. The reason the liners are so warm is because they are also your rain liner (in the case of AG-2 or less) or it's a 2-piece liner w/ waterproof on the outside and optional warm quilty liner inside on the 3's and later. We love ours for day rides, but for longer trips you'll need to carry some rain gear for over, unless you only ride in the southwest, where it doesn't really rain (I hear).

I love my old Airglide, but I went in to try on the 4 and something about the cut just didn't seem right. It didn't fall over my shoulders the same way, and the neck fit was off. This seemed consistent with a few different jackets I tried on. Maybe the batch they had at the dealer was cut wonky, but I wasn't as impressed with the AG4 as I expected. Normally Olympia is top of the line gear, and I love the styling for the neon.

In case you've never owned an Olympia, the only real drawback across all of their lines is the "cell phone" pocket. It's maybe big enough for an old Motorola Razr...

I don't know about the airglide, but I went down with an Olympia jacket and the armor kept my elbow from being shattered. Of course, it then dislocated my shoulder but, bad as that was, a shattered elbow would have been far, far worse. What's weird is I didn't feel it, I only could tell because the jacket was scored there and I had a rare posterior dislocation--anterior is far more common. I later replaced all the armor in the jacket and still use it. It was from the early days when they were still located in upstate NY before they got bought out. Great stuff!