31st wedding anniversary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations !!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Three marriages for me so I appreciate the time and effort you have put in.

Just wish I'd have met Deb back in 1965 .... but then we wouldn't have been the persons we are now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to you both.
punk.gif
May you have 31 more

We just cleared 31 a couple weeks ago.

I had to get married the second time just to make sure the first one wasn't my fault.

It occurred to me I have been married to Marilyn longer than I have not been married to her - married 31 years (Feb. 9, 1985), not married 29 years. Boy, have we ever surprised a lot of people! I am a very fortunate man.
Outta like, but congrats to both of you!!! We passed the more married than not a few years ago. For some reason that moment/event held a special spot. We started a few years earlier than most do. Both of us were in our teens though.

31 is a big number for sure. My neighbors across the street are pushing 65 years together. Here's to you both getting to at least double your 31 years
punk.gif

That is a big achievement... congrats to you both!!
love.gif

I, too have been married 31 years in August after 30 years single. It has been one hell of a ride.
Fred, you're not old enough to have been married that long... ;)

We just cleared 31 a couple weeks ago.
I had to get married the second time just to make sure the first one wasn't my fault.
Looks like it wasn't... grats to you both!! B)

Don't let 31 years fool you. I was married 41 years, three kids, three college educations, three weddings, and three grand children, when she found a lawyer that convinced her that she would be better off without me.

And, Oh-by-the-way, she took 77% of my net worth with her. There is a special place in HELL for divorce lawyers.

Congratulations. I bet there are some that said it will never last. ha to them. I made it 34 and a month away from 35 when mine became sick and passed away. I can sure tell you being alone is no good. I hope you both enjoy many more. It is a BIG deal to stick in out through thick and thin. Very proud of you guys for making a better life for each other.

rolleyes.gif

Thirty-one years means you only have nine years left in your probationary period. Annie was cleared from her probation last year.

When you stop and really give it some thought, you have to wonder why any woman would put up with the typical man. After all, you can pay a teenager to cut the grass and change the oil in your car.

Good point. When I met my wife (five years before we legally hitched) she had a T-shirt that said, "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle." I got it! She has never been dependent on anyone and is very independent; which entitles me to be the same. Works for us. I like that occasionally she comes home and announces where and when her "and the girls" are making their next multi-day excursion; doesn't ask, just tells me. Me: "Well, have fun honey!"

Always marry a woman who is a better person than you are. That is the only way for us boobs to ever get anywhere cuz generally they are 'putting up with us" more than anything.

I lucked out big time in this area. I'm on 22 years on my way to 50 I hope.

Best call I ever made because I'm a much better person because of her.

I agree wholeheartedly with anyone who points out that it is quite an accomplishment to stick it out through the good and the bad.

Kudos to you!

Wow, 31 years is a big deal. You guys with 40+ years have my respect also. Very few people these days can pull those numbers off. C and I are hitting 18 years this year...It has flown by!

I once attended the promotion ceremony for my Division Commander (1st Infantry Division) from a two to a three star general. He told a story about when he was promoted to Major General and he and his wife returned to their childhood hometown in LA. They stopped for gas and the man pumping the gas turned out to be a former high school sweetheart of his wife. He glanced at his wife and smugly told her that if she had stayed with her former boy friend she would still be living in their hometown and married to a gas station attendant. His wife said, "Honey, if I married him he'd be a Major General and you'd be pumping our gas."

We are what they make us.

My wife and I got married in 1993. 2nd go for both of us.

I was married 10 and she 12 years before that, so I figger we've been married 45 years all added up... :)

Congrats!

Latest posts