Seattle-Kitsap Peninsula-Olympic Peninsula

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper

Which side is the brake on?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seattle, WA : floating down the atmospheric river
I left my home in Ballard at about 9:45AM and reached a very foggy ferry terminal in Edmonds in time for the 10:30. I got off on the Kitsap Peninsula in Kingston and rode SR-104 to and through Port Gamble. From there I followed SR-104 across the Hood Canal Bridge to the Olympic Peninsula and, after a few miles, merged into US-101. Spectacular views of the Olympics on the left and Mt. Baker on the right. From there, up to Sequim Bay and across Johnnycomelately Creek. I rode through Sequim looking for a city park with a view with no success. I continued on US-101 until I saw the Kitchen-Dick Road turn-off (which one naturally has to take) that leads to the Dungeness Wildlife Sanctuary. There I found a picnic table in the sun with a view of Dungeness Spit as well as Victoria across the Strait of Juan DeFuca. Nice lunch around 12:30. I rode on to Port Angeles and turned around and headed back. Pretty day with a fog-free ferry ride on the way back and a crystal clear view of the Seattle skyline resting under Mt. Ranier.

I should have posted this BEFORE I left. Retirement beats the hell out of working for a living.

Thank you Washington State Ferries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I left my home in Ballard at about 9:45AM and reached a very foggy ferry terminal in Edmonds in time for the 10:30. I got off on the Kitsap Peninsula in Kingston and rode SR-104 to and through Port Gamble. From there I followed SR-104 across the Hood Canal Bridge to the Olympic Peninsula and, after a few miles, merged into US-101. Spectacular views of the Olympics on the left and Mt. Baker on the right. From there, up to Sequim Bay and across Johnnycomelately Creek. I rode through Sequim looking for a city park with a view with no success. I continued on US-101 until I saw the Kitchen-Dick Road turn-off (which one naturally has to take) that leads to the Dungeness Wildlife Sanctuary. There I found a picnic table in the sun with a view of Dungeness Spit as well as Victoria across the Strait of Juan DeFuca. Nice lunch around 12:30. I rode on to Port Angeles and turned around and headed back. Pretty day with a fog-free ferry ride on the way back and a crystal clear view of the Seattle skyline resting under Mt. Ranier.
I should have posted this BEFORE I left. Retirement beats the hell out of working for a living.

Thank you Washington State Ferries.
Damn, to bad you did not stretch it up 112 to at least Clallam Bay than back over 113 and 101 to Port Angeles, ah well, next time. Sounds like you had a nice day, one thing a retiree needs is a map collection. You will get spoiled riding Mon. thru Fri. Did 206.1miles today, went N. on 9 to skillet, back roads to alger then Alger Cain lk rd. hung a left on Lk. Louise dr, wandered into Bellingham the back way, wound down to Chuckanut, across the flats, around the bay into Anacortes for a bit, reservation rd to La Connor, Dodge valley rd. Fir Isl. rd to Conway and I-5 S. to 2 to Snohomish, gas and home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate you both..
coolsmiley02.gif

--G

j/k, glad someone was able to take advantage of this break in our weather.

Picked today to install a new battery (Delco from a couple of years ago) instead of riding. All went well until I had it all buttoned up and it wouldn't start. After pulling the panel covering the battery discovered I hadn't reconnected the Negative cable. Talked to myself a little and connected the cable. Started right up, then I replaced the panel.. Maybe I shouldn't have retired.