Givi SR357 and OEM Top Case - Can it be done? If yes, how?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad German

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I currently have the OEM top case mounted to my Gen II. I'm happy with it so far, but I was fortunate enough to get a Givi SR357 donated to me. I'd like to mount it on the bike and still use my OEM top case. I don't want to buy a new top case right now since this one suits my needs just fine. The reason I wanted to mount the SR357 was to beef up the rear of the bike a bit (I also have the Stiffy Kit on it). I lined it up the other day, and I think I can make the SR357 fit on the bike with the Stiffy Kit in place. However, it doesn't look like the OEM mounting plate for the top case will line up. I'll either have to drill new holes in the OEM mounting plate or make an intermediate plate to go between the SR357 and the OEM mounting plate.

So, after my long winded explanation of what I'm trying to do, can anyone offer any tips, suggestions, comments, etc. that will help?

Thanks in advance if you can help me out.

MG

I'd make an adapter plate...but I don't think you really need the SR357, and the stiffy kit. I'd use, one or the other...no need to use both.

I vote for the SR357. Well...cause I have one.

If this rack can't hold it you need a truck.

There's an old thread started by AuburnFJR that answers the OPs exact question.

Condensed version...SR357 with an adapter plate, remove the stand-offs from the bottom of the OE trunk mount and you're golden.

--G