Givi V47

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer

Reaction score
I sold my 2003 FJR with a GIVI monokey V46 on it & bought a 2013 FJR & i want to put the monokey V47 on it. my old bike had a pipe frame that replaces the plastic rack. The local dealer says they no longer sell a pipe frame for the 2013 & to support the box it now has a adaptor that bolts directly to the plastic rack. will the plastic rack support the V47 & all the items that may get loaded into it?

The V47 will not include a mounting plate/base. Givi will offer two different options for the FJR. The one you want, as others have posted is the SR357. It is metal tubing with a plastic base that the V47 will lock onto.

And since it gives me a chance to brag some more...

The SR357:

The V47 Tech:

Yep that's the same set up that was on my 03 I'll take the pictures to my LBS & show them your pictures. Thanks for the help

SR357. Super easy install and solid mount. Have carried all kinds of heavy stuff back there and had wife lean on it and never an issue.

SR357. Super easy install and solid mount. Have carried all kinds of heavy stuff back there and had wife lean on it and never an issue.
+1

Just order it from somewhere like Revzilla - have it in a couple of days and do it yourself. A couple of simple tools plus the collective knowledge on here and you'll be good to go. I believe in supporting your local dealer, but they aren't going to be any better at doing this particular task than anyone else.