2016 Team Lyle WFO Alamo - Results Added

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the 2016 Team Lyle WFO Alamo, which will take place May 20 - 22, 2016, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting four prior Team Lyle Alamo events, which have produced 3 Saddle Sore 1000, 5 Bun Burner 1500, 30 Bun Burner Gold 1500 and 12 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Eddie's Road, which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Team Lyle Alamo rides a better event. This year riders will be making a donation to Shellys House, an organization that provides transitional housing to women in recovery. They have been awarded the Independent Charities of America Seal of Excellence which makes it a fantastic charity for the Team Lyle Alamo event.

https://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2016/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett
IBA #456
Rallymaster

Brian Casey
IBA #25,366
Routemaster

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d like to thank Doug and Team Lyle for selecting Shelly’s House, Inc. to be the beneficiary of this year’s WFO Alamo Rally. The opportunity has me coming out of my self-imposed ‘retirement’ and prepping the old FJR to spend a little time in Nevada come May.

Shelly’s House has been providing, safe, affordable, drug-free transitional housing for women in recovery since 1995. We’re an all-volunteer non-profit with no paid employees. This makes us unique allows us to provide thousands of nights of safe housing every year at a very attractive price. All monies raised go directly to providing services to our residents. It’s this fiscal responsibility that attracted me to become involved with them in 2007.

If you’d like to learn more about Shelly’s House, you’ll find us on the web at www.shellyshouse.org

Paul Peloquin, Treasurer

Shelly’s House, Inc.

IBA #333

Having gone to this fine event the past 2 years, I can attest to the fact that Doug puts on a great event. And I can say that you meet some of the nicest people on Hondas LD motorcycles.

I used to think going across NV was flat out boring, but that was from the perspective of Interstate 15. Riding the 2 lanes throughout the interior of NV is a different story. Plus....it's the easiest BBG you could ever get.
bike.gif

Having gone to this fine event the past 2 years, I can attest to the fact that Doug puts on a great event. And I can say that you meet some of the nicest people on Hondas LD motorcycles.
3 years for me, and I can attest that is a correct statement :) .

I'll be coming to assist with the festivities this year.

Team Lyle WFO Alamo Results:

BBG 1600+

Mark Pierce - Triumph Trophy

Mark came back to Alamo for his second time after an unsuccessful attempt last year and pulled off the high mileage ranking for the rally.

BBG 1500+

Pat Ford - Honda GL1800

Pat has participated in all five Team Lyle Alamo events, and has finished every one of them with a BBG or better. He is the only person to have accomplished this. This is quite an accomplishment and a testimony to his dedication and endurance.

Paul Stark - BMW R1200RT

This is Paul's second BBG finish at Team Lyle Alamo. His first finish was on a Harley Davidson.

Kip Pesterfield - BMW R1200 RT

Kip was unsuccessful in his attempt last year, but worked hard, prepared better and persevered to finish is first BBG ever at this year's event.

Paul Peloquin - FJR1300

This was Paul's first year at Alamo, and he succeeded in his BBG with only 68 minutes of down time. It is notable that Paul did this ride almost exactly 15 years from his first BBG which he recorded at the Cognoscente Group's MASS GOLD on May 26, 2001.

Saddle Sore 1000

Nancy Lefcourt - BMW R1200 RT

Nancy is a prior veteran of Team Lyle Alamo events, and her goal this year was to gather Big Money Rally bonuses during the rally. She rode 1,100+ miles while gathering more than 60 BMR points, which I understand is quite a lot.

This brings our five year total to 4 Saddle Sore 1000s, 5 Bun Burner 1500s, 34 Bun Burner Gold 1500s and 12 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides.

It is of special note that this years riders raised more than $1,000 for this year's designated charity, which was Shelley's House of Salem, Oregon. The riders generosity exceeded all expectations and I am grateful for all contributions.

Carl and Jonnie Stark provided flatbed tow service for two participants who needed roadside assistance, each more than 100+ miles from Rally Headquarters. This event takes place in a very remote area and they truly went the extra mile to assist our riders.

Doug Barrett

Rallymaster

IBA # 456

Brian Casey

Routemaster

IBA #25,366

Great story...the 2003 FJR has 130K on. After Alamo I began my annual trek to all the new Dutch Bros coffee shops that have opened in the last year. On day four of a four day ride to 19 new stores something when 'boom' on the second start of the morning. Smoke wafted up from underneath the tank. The bike sounded like a sick Harley and was probably making about 40 horsepower. Channeling my best Steve Attwood, I rode 238 miles to visit my last 7 stores. People stared at me all day long, it sounded that bad. I spend the day breathing unburnt fuel. She now sits in the garage, her last ride made.

I'm not planning on spending a dime on her. I rebuilt her after a deer strike in 2006 and I'm not sure she's ever really been the same. I'll be looking for a low-mileage Gen 1 too host my Tanji and Russell and, hopefully, ride another 100K.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll have to do that t_m. And if you do, you'll have to drag Tony with you. I know he wants to get out there some year, but you know how he is around new ppl......kinda shy and all. Besides we wouldn't want him to get lost on the way.
rolleyes.gif

Tony is suffering from DEEP Depression as he contemplates what to do with his '05. Remember Wisconsin? Well it happened again.
upset.gif
angry01.gif

… This time no pie to help soothe the complete feeling of loss. ($)

But maybe next years event with Doug, the QD arrived for the fuel cell and a friend has a bulkhead for the tank!