PNW Spring Tech Meet #16 - May 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 14th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycler - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

CONFIRMED: Dave Hodges (original owner of GP Suspension) and Barry Wressel (current owner of KPG Racing) will be here at noon to give a talk about suspension. Dave will be staying for a few hours afterward to talk about suspension

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza or spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart +2
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

MCRIDER007

Fontanaman

samamoto

Salish1300

wingshot

JamesW

SeattleTy

Horsefly

n2osx +1

AdamK

audiowize

lonewolff

PhatAir4Me +1

harper

roadtrip

RC65?

PigPen

El Cajone

Brick626

Curly Joe

KMW?

samamoto

JER

allrider +1

redneckj

majbach

pnwsauce

greysabor

davek

nwbru58

BritRider

unknownuser01 +1

pnkrk4lif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer. That's the same day as the Shoot-em-up in Idaho.
upset.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Count me in Bryan! Hopefully, my Buddha, it will stop raining hard every single day by May. I expect I'll be doing my rear tire and maybe something else small. I just hope to hell it is another nice sunny day like last Spring.

Hello, I guess it's Bryan, right?

I'd like to attend, first timer. Coming from Spokane, I'll probably fo a Fri/Sat overnight.

Horsefly

I've added this to my calendar. Since I'll be a newbie to the FJR community it'll be nice to meet the locals!

Please PM me the location particulars.

Thanks!

Adam

Count me in please.

I would like to do a TBS. Should I do the spark plugs at the same time? I have about 7000 miles on since I last changed them.

Scott

I will be there again. I'd be happy to help do fork rebuilds just so I can see it done again. I'd like to help with some tire changes as well. I don't think I will need to have anything done myself. Also, I think I'm going to try to back down the driveway blindfolded this time. Last time it was too easy.

Thanks for hosting this again Bryan and Marissa.