Searching out a meeting spot for FJR's after Moonshine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiggerDr.

Reaction score
I saw recently where Cav47 (Josh I believe) posted about him and some local guys were gonna do some scouting. At the last minute I decided to join in. I met Alan C, RJAMT, Cav47 and Blackandwhite at the Casey, Illinois wind chimes. Some chatting and we went for lunch. 5 different color FJR's present. Don't know about the fastest color but evidently black was the slowest as none showed up. RJAMT headed for home and we hit the slab eastbound for Indy. I did not realize until later that Josh was headed to Cycle Gear in Indy before heading back to Illinois. I should have went along and got off the slab when he headed back. I got off at Indiana exit 51 for home.

My thoughts on this. 1. This is the first group ever where I have trusted the riders completely and never met them before.

2. Great bunch of guys.

3. Assuming the rest of the forum is the same, it is gonna be a great summer.

Another thought, The knowledge and wisdom of this forum is impressive. I am a member of other forums but none as good as this one.

The people, the knowledge and wisdom. And the bikes! Unsurpassed.

Suck up. :grin:

Just kidding, you're right about the people here.

Yeah, DiggerDr., you obviously got lucky that all those guys were on probation: any misbehavior and they're going back to the Big House.

[serious] I have no hesitation meeting up with any of my "internet friends" from the FJRForum. The first time, like the first time for everything, was a little outside my comfort zone. What I didn't realize at the time was that there are already so many in-person connections among this group. It's like .... most members have already been vetted and found acceptable. [/serious]

Digger,

I was nice seeing you that day, and all the other guys too. I was nervous about going to Hooterville last year, however it was a great time. I can't wait for Tech day up in Michigan and then SEOR, and hopefully another Hooterville at Smitty's house.

Good times and fun stuff!