A Quickie... Mental Health Day that is... ;)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
2016 has had a rough start for me personally... the loss of my dog, a good riding friend, and my daughter's dad (my ex who always has held a special place in my heart), and almost lost my job (now downsized to half time)... I needed a mental health day just to blow the stink off... so I headed south down the famed Pacific Coast Hwy to meet some friends for lunch in Cambria...

This sign always gets the adrenaline flowing...
roadsign-X2.jpg

Started out in the fog...
DSC_0225-X2.jpg

But it soon lifted and stayed out off the coast...
DSC_0224-X2.jpg

I could feel the stink fading away...
DSC_0228-X2.jpg

A turnout with some thoughtful folks who put a nice bench in a very good place to commune with the ocean...
DSC_0241-X2.jpg

DSC_0243-X2.jpg

The beach down below where some intrepid climbers had made their way down and left rock messages in the sand... I wondered who they were and what their stories were...
DSC_0242-X2.jpg

This guy was on a ride of his own... I watched him as he drifted on the air currents...
DSC_0247-X2.jpg

I took a little detour part way up Nacimiento Rd just because... view from the first turnout and the road ahead...
DSC_0230-X2.jpg

The road quickly moves inland and I wanted to to stay close to the coast so I went up a few miles before turning around at this hairpin...
DSC_0234-X2.jpg

Views on the way back down...
DSC_0235-X2.jpg

DSC_0237-X2.jpg

DSC_0238-X2.jpg

Not a road to be taken lightly with tight turns, rain/dirt run off in corners, and no guardrails... gets my respect...
20160318_112857-X2.jpg

And then a quick bio break at Ragged Point... I went out to the view point and there was an East Indian woman there just gazing out... I asked her if this was her first time and she turned to me with wonderous eyes and said, "It's like all of creation is right here..." Reminded me of how special this place is...
20160318_121132-X2.jpg

DSC_0250-X2.jpg

DSC_0259-X2.jpg

I skeedaddled toward Cambria and was ahead of schedule so took a little jaunt out to Moonstone Beach... I sat on that bench for a bit, closed my eyes, and thought of those I've lost... I saw their faces and felt their energy in my own heart... and yes, I shed a tear or two at the fragility of life and how important it is to remember to enjoy life and love the people in it every single day...
20160318_130152-X2.jpg

I encourage you all to reach out to that friend you've been meaning to get a hold of or your parents or whoever has been heavy on your mind and spend a little quality time with them... life is a big gift just waiting for you to open it so rip off that paper and dig in!!

FIN

I am sincerely sorry that things have not been going your way my dear. Is it wrong that I enjoyed your pics and RR even though it was a result of your sadness?

Please consider this a long distance hug. Not one of those "quickie" hugs where you just almost touch and give a pat on the back. One of those real, sincere, heartfelt hugs where you get snot and tears on the other person's shoulder and you know they don't mind.

I could sure use a quickie. Thanks Tyler!!!
Couldn't we all, Marc??
flirt.gif

I am sincerely sorry that things have not been going your way my dear. Is it wrong that I enjoyed your pics and RR even though it was a result of your sadness?
Please consider this a long distance hug. Not one of those "quickie" hugs where you just almost touch and give a pat on the back. One of those real, sincere, heartfelt hugs where you get snot and tears on the other person's shoulder and you know they don't mind.
Thank you, Andrew... that actually got me teared up a bit... :wub:

Sorry for your losses my dear and I'll save the hug until I see you again. Hopefully soon.

Yeah, I'm with him. Big hug to my favorite phototraveler.
Thanks, Wheatie... hope to cross paths with you and Louanne sometime this year... been too long. :wub:

Thank you for sharing ...
Bob & Sandy
Thank you for looking! B)

Sorry for your losses my dear and I'll save the hug until I see you again. Hopefully soon.
Thanks, Ray... I'm looking forward to that hug...
flirt.gif

Tyler, thanks for the great message. I had a doctor's appointment this morning in the oncology section and the nurse asked how I was doing. I have been having some terrible pain in my knees and ankle and replied that growing old is a real pain. She replied that no it is a good thing. She then said they have two oncology patients 40 and 41 that only have months left. I then told her that i agree that growing old is good.

I do not have cancer, but a condition called hemochromatosis, a genetic condition where iron builds up in the blood and regular blood drawings are required to keep the iron levels under control.

Sending **hugs** and thoughts your way T...sorry to hear this year hasn't started out the best.

Thanks for sharing the Cali coast through your lens!

--G&J

I have nothing eloquent to add. Had a few losses recently myself, maybe I need one of these rides. Sure wish I could find someplace as beautiful and uplifting. Texas Bluebonnets are in bloom, that might do the trick. Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Sorry for your losses.

Hang in there sweetheart, glad you got out clear to the cob webs and shared with us. And like everyone else, HUGS.

I love a quickie during lunch time. Although the Pacific coast would be a quickie too far for lunch hour.. :)

Hugs to you, I know and feel at least somewhat how/what you feel! :)

Tyler, firstly I'm so sorry for the deaths, they are so difficult for the living to come to terms with. My heart goes out to you.

Secondly, I feel you expressed your emotions in your RR to us all. Well done.

Lastly, your last paragraph was very poignant. We always hear " Nothing in life is guaranteed.", but we usually don't recognize that until something happens and reminds us. We live our lives, enjoying what it has to offer, and become complacent. The day-in, day-out existence appears to be on a schedule, and at times ennui sets in. It's as though our lives are on autopilot.

Then, events happen in our lives that shakes it all up. Death of loved ones, unforeseen health issues, and unexpected career changes can throw our lives into disarray. It's usually during these times that we step back, have a seat, and contemplate the reality of our lives, and the realization that nothing in life is guaranteed.

Thanks for sharing your ride with us,

Rob

Latest posts