Cowichan Bay ride & new Hyperpro shock & pillion test report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfeuerriegel

Reaction score
A beautiful Saturday run up the east coast of southern Vancouver Island to a quaint little spot called Genoa Bay where we stopped in for a lunch. A shout out to the couple we passed in Cowichan Bay on the black 08/09.

The new Hyperpro shock was just sweet, didn't miss a beat with 2 up. Before the shock swap & riding 2 up there was always the tendency for the bike to wallow some, not now. Although my wife did say it was a bit harsh @ times, so next time a little less preload & a damping adjustment.

The spring/shock was an EPM purchase, Klaus asked questions about my weight w/kit on, passenger weight including panniers & top box. This setup works well for when I ride solo which is about 75% of the time or when we go 2 up. Looking forward to our summer trip into the interior of BC.

Glad your experience with the HyperPro and Klaus & company matches mine.

I bought into the rear suspension with outboard preload adjuster back in summer of 2013, and it was the best money spent on my Gen 1 (2004) since.

Have put about 30,000 Kms on the set up so far, and expect that probably this coming winter, I'll remove it and send it back to Klaus for its first check/rebuild.

Cheers!