Finding Nebo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I’ve been looking, on the map, at some squiggly lines around Nebo NC and wanting to explore. Soggy start. On the plus side the rain knocked down some of the pollen and it keeps the traffic down a little.

The rain did stop. Even though I got out of the rain the day was still kinda hazy and colorless. No spectacular photography here. Not even as good as my digital equivalent of a Kodak 110 instamatic and 110 instamatic level skillset can normally muster. It all looked a better in person. I need to find a good camera person, and a good ride report maker, to ride with.

Out of the rain and into sun by Lattimore but I didn’t get the camera out until I’d gotten north of Nebo.

When this big rock first comes into view the scene is breathtaking. By the time I find a spot to pull over and take a pic, well you’ll just have to use your imagination. This would be the perfect place for a famous face to be blasted into the rock, Rushmore/Crazy Horse style. I’m thinking maybe Billy Bob Thornton.

Fish Hatchery Rd

Table Rock in the background

From Wiseman’s View:

Table Rock

These daredevils are a step or two away from certain death

Daredevil A kept urging Daredevil B to inch back a little closer to the edge for more dramatic effect. These fellows knew no English but I think “Yes, I’m taking a picture of you because you’re crazy” is understood anyway. Hawks Bill in the background.

And a couple more from Wiseman’s

Ivey Heights Rd

Roan Mtn and 80 back down to Greenville everbody’s seen. Not that everybody hasn’t seen the Nebo and Wiseman’s area but it was new to me. And new is good, generally.

Traffic was light but the parking around any good hiking spots was packed. 181 with a new T30 on the steer axle was a BLAST. Not much blooming in the upper elevations yet. The lack of leaves is good for riding though as it makes passing easier. The dreary weather at home meant that I didn’t feel guilty about not working around the house.
It was a good day to get out and ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like yer pichers and werds did jes fine!

I missed out...thanks for sharing Duane.

Last edited by a moderator: