Radiohowie is BACK after 2 months gone!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
Well hello, all my FJR forum friends.

Yep haven't posted, or even visited here, for more than 2 months. Is it because I'm a Serious Slacker? Nope...had a minor oopsie on the old '04 back on January 19th...wound up in the hospital...and just got home a week ago.

Dayum!! A 2 month stay in the "One Step Away From The Morgue" for a minor oopsie?!?!?!?

What the hell!!!

Lemme 'splain...

Going home from work the evening of Jan 19th, apparently I lost control of my bike, well below the speed limit I MUST add, and banged Real Fucking Hard into a car or two at an intersection. Don't really know what happened, the police report was very short and uninformative, but I apparently banged my head hard enough to wind up in Critical Intensive Care for almost a month. Apparently, something about a "brain bleed" involving a TIA I suffered back in June. That's a "mini-stroke" for those lacking in Google-Fu. The neurologist on the case claims my IQ drop is somewhere around 30 points since the accident from the dain bramage. Yep, it sucks to be me. So between the mini-stroke in June and the brain in a spin dryer in January, when I finally did come to my senses after damn near a month, I came to with a "head full of stupid" as Missus Howie would say. After being in LaLaLand for almost a month, when I "came to" I was moved to Simple Intensive Care and began a daily diet of 3 hours of physical, occupational and speech therapy in an attempt to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, brain damage is something I have to deal with. And walking around with a big ol' hole in my intellect. At least I can converse with some understanding and no excessive drool. My balance has gone to shit, have to walk with one of these guys

invacare-quad-large.jpg

and tomorrow is my last official day on the job, as I've been forcibly retired by this entire fucking event.

But that's not the worst of it...Oh No -- Things Can Be Worse???

Missus Howie, who has become my Best Friend in the Past 2 Months, has ordered me OFF 2 wheels. I say my best friend, because she has absolutely stepped up and become my #1 support since the accident. My #1 Advocate, Caretaker and Companion since I rode the "Death Dryer" 2 months ago. There is No turning back...I must sell Frankenbike, which surprisingly, came through the entire ugly incident in a lot better condition than "yours truly", so this is officially a "For Sale" thread, just with a painfully long preamble.

The bike is in great shape...the only thing screwed up in the accident is a busted windshield, a missing left-side rearview mirror and a busted clutch lever. I guess I must have smacked something hard on the left side to take out the windshield, rearview and clutch assembly. Prolly gonna be 6 to 8 months minimum before I can drive anyway, so what the hell, right? 104 thousand miles and ready to go another 100 thousand for the right person. $3500 is what can buy someone the finest motorcycle on God's Green Earth.

PM me for any more details on the Motorcycle Buy-Of-The-Century. Or just PM me and we'll chat.

Yours from Retard-O-Land....RadiioHowie.

Damnit man, wtf?

If your balance is off, then the Missus is right though, much as that sucks.

I wish you all the recovery possible.

In the end, at least the Missus is still around and supporting you. There's folks out there that would have lost the Missus in a situation like that. I guess you must have damaged the right head and left the other one intact.
biggrin.png

Wondered where the hell you were. Glad you're still with us. There are some here that if they lost that much would put them in minus numbers. I had a stroke about 5 years ago and was real lucky and didn't lose any brain cells except the ones I killed off in my drinking career. Looking forward to having you back and you're still smarter than Barry.:) :) :) :)

I'm glad you somewhat survived, good to hear that you are up and about !

Let your body heal, hopefully be be back in the saddle in the near future.

I haven't ridden in 5 months, 8 hospitalisations since November, got let out again for Easter.

Slowly going through the bikes today, charging them, tyre checks and kick them over.

Hope you have progress in your recovery

Cheers

Damn, Howie! Glad you're still alive. If we all wake up in the morning, that means all is good with the world. Now! You will appreciate that wife of yours a little bit more. You like her more now, don't Ya? Best of luck my friend. :)

The most important thing you said was how your wife stood by you throughout your ordeal. I spent nearly three months in a hospital a few years back and my wife, like yours, was my source of strength and comfort. Life is tough and yours is tougher than most, but with the support of a good women life can still be worth living. In that regard we are lucky men. (Frankly I can't understand why any woman would want to be within a city block of a man) Good luck to ya during your recovery.

Dammit Howie, I'm sorry to hear this. Glad to hear you pulled through though. If there's anything I could do to help, you know where I'm at. Try and enjoy the retirement! 😎

The good news is, even with half a brain, you'll still be able to comprehend all of the ramblings here on the forum! :rofl:

Seriously, all the best going forward,

Rob

That sucks big time , but way to go, diving head first in front of your bike to save the feeger.

Atleast nothing serious was damaged, and I will stay at least a canes distance away.

Seriously, that is horrific news...and kudos to your wife. She had a month of peace and quiet, now she has to deal with your mouth...I mean, kudos for standing by her man...with a straight face.

Damn! Hate reading stuff like this first thing in the morning. Glad to hear that you're still on the green side of the grass though. Big kudos to the misses for staying strong and getting you back on 2 or is it 3 legs.

Good luck with your recovery.

So sorry to read this. I am glad you are just a bit "dumber" but still alive.

Even after my total in 2010 with rods and screws holding my head on my neck I still ride. I hope I can keep going. If not I see a Can Am in my future. While it will not be like my new RT 1200 LC, at least I can hang my head out in the wind and not worry about balance.

Again I thank God you are able to wright on the forum and are better.

Lee

Sorry to hear your bad news but glad to hear the good parts.

As said before, your sense of humor came through good, very good.

Best Wishes.

Steve

I saw this post in the middle of the nite when I woke up for a bit, but I just couldn't think of the right words. All that comes to mind, and a sure hope it doesn't sound trite are the true words of Nietzsche: "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger". Damn, you sure seem to have come out of it all pretty damn strong! No one knows what the future holds in store for us, but half that battle is the right attitude and the other half in my opinion is the right partner. You got'em both in spades bro. Best wishes in all that comes your way.

I have been wondering if you were mad at us for some reason, your absence from the forum was noticed. I wanted to PM you but you are so grouchy I figured you had a good reason. Apparently it was a very good reason.

If you lost 30 IQ points and still have the ability to write that well and your sense of humor is still working you must have been damn near a genius before. Actually, I always thought that anyway.

If you need anything (almost anything!) let us know. You have friends here.