Just Picked Up My New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjcin

Reaction score
Well I have been lurking around here as a potential owner and now the moderators can upgrade my status to owner. I made a deal with a dealer in Ohio for a 2015 A that he had in stock. The deal was all over the phone. I live in NJ but just couldn't find anyone willing to give, what I thought was a good deal. Anyway, Honda East Toledo is where I got it. We left NJ at 3:00 am Thursday with an enclosed trailer. Picked it up early afternoon and there was no dealership BS, it was a smooth transaction. We are going to hang out in Ohio for the weekend and if the weather allows I will put some miles on the new girl.

...now the moderators can upgrade my status to owner. I made a deal with a dealer in Ohio for a 2015 A...
Congratulations on the new '15A! Poor thing being shut in a trailer
smile.png

Go to "My Settings" and change your status from "Other......" to 2015A Gen III World (no North America available), no admin needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda East always seems to have very good pricing.

And Congrats on the awesome ride!!!!

Welcome to the madness, Tjcin! You've bought one of the finest 2-wheeled motor vehicles every made. But please do not trust those words verbatim. By all means necessary, go find out for yourself, again and again and again and ........

Thanks for the replies. Just came back from a 30 mile ride around Mablehead Ohio. Good thing this bike has heated grips, needed them today. I just don't know how this bike could be smoother. My last real street bike was a Harley Fat Boy and needless to say the two machines are not in the same category.

Congrats tjcin! Once you get a few thousand miles on the ol'gurl it'll get even smoother.

Enjoy the ride...and making it your own!

--G

Well, some think the FJR is a Fat Girl, but compared to your Fat Boy, she is a nubile nymph. I agree, the FJR may be one of - if not the - finest motorcycles ever made. It does it all pretty well for not too much money, and like a Timex, just keeps on... nah, won't go there. Enjoy and keep sharing your impressions.

Congrats on the buy! What was your OTD price (minus taxes, title, extended warranty, service contracts)?

I picked up a new VStrom 1000 from Honda Toledo East in 2006--it was agreed via phone, with papers overnited to/from Colorado (so they could sell it and count it "this month" rather than next). Painless, quick, all as agreed over the phone, and the bike was ready at the date/time I showed up.

Thanks. I actually went back to the dealer again today. While I was there yesterday they gave me 20% off any parts or accessories I bought. So I picked up 2 oil filters and 9 quarts of oil. Also bought a really cool retro CanAm helmet. When I sent a picture to my vintage dirt bike buddy,he had to have one. So when I went back today, they offered me the 20% again. I thought that was good business. So far I can only say good things about Honda East.

Congrats on the buy! What was your OTD price (minus taxes, title, extended warranty, service contracts)?
I picked up a new VStrom 1000 from Honda Toledo East in 2006--it was agreed via phone, with papers overnited to/from Colorado (so they could sell it and count it "this month" rather than next). Painless, quick, all as agreed over the phone, and the bike was ready at the date/time I showed up.
OTD price inludes everything, taxes and anything else. But if you want to know the price before taxes...I paid $15,672.00 for my ES