Just upgraded to a GEN 3 ES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogRaven

Reaction score
Picked up a 2015 ES last night at Roseville Yamaha.

Pretty stoked.

This is my 3rd FJR. Had an 04, and now selling the 09.

This is my 1st brand new bike. A 50th B-Day present to myself (which my wife agreed to).

I know......pictures. I just hate Photobucket, but will get some pics up soon.

Nothing like the feeling of riding home a brand new bike.

You will hate it. It is a POS.

Okay, I lied. I love, LOVE my 2015 ES and I think you will too. Lots of nice changes (upgrades) from the Gen 2, starting with a speedometer and tach with numbers you can actually see!

As you already know, you will need lots of stuff but number one on the list should be some form of tip over protection. If you go with frame sliders I think you will find them much more stylish than the round spools we all had on the Gen2.

Good luck, you already know we are here to help. And congratulations on your first new bike.

Congratulations!!!

T-Rex Luggage Guards are great for bag protection - love the look of the sacrificial piece. Motivation sliders worked for me on the front but the more rugged frame-style engine guards may be stronger. I just didn't want a contraption-looking thing up there.

N69-13LGB4-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will hate it. It is a POS.
Okay, I lied. I love, LOVE my 2015 ES and I think you will too. Lots of nice changes (upgrades) from the Gen 2, starting with a speedometer and tach with numbers you can actually see!

As you already know, you will need lots of stuff but number one on the list should be some form of tip over protection. If you go with frame sliders I think you will find them much more stylish than the round spools we all had on the Gen2.

Good luck, you already know we are here to help. And congratulations on your first new bike.
THX RFH.

Yep, just ordered the very cool looking T-Rex sliders.

Switching over a few items from my 09, like Sargent seat!

Well, in that case...

I will not try to tell you What You Need To Buy since you already know most of it anyway. If you have any 2015 specific questions such as, "Why do the waitresses at Hooters always ask for my number when I ride my '15 ES?" or "Why do so many beautiful women ask me for a ride on my new bike?" send me a PM. I can help you with all of that.
smile.png

You fucked up. You should have gotten the *BEST* vintage of FJR - the 2014. You know, just like your Hero (that would be me), you had an 04, and an 09. You just ruined your 5 year cycle of FJR ownership and at the same time invited the derision of your Hero. Tsk... Tsk...

You fucked up. You should have gotten the *BEST* vintage of FJR - the 2014. You know, just like your Hero (that would be me), you had an 04, and an 09. You just ruined your 5 year cycle of FJR ownership and at the same time invited the derision of your Hero. Tsk... Tsk...
Believe me, he'll get over it.

biggrin.png
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Congrats I hope to do something like that when 50 gets here in a few. I hit the like button but was looking for the "I realy like this, Wooohooo cool shit dude" button.

Thx everyone.

I did not think of the 5 year thing Skooter
smile.png

Yea Mike, the timing was just there for me on the 15.

Selling the 09, $7k takes it! Smoking deal IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats BDR...nothing like that new bike first ride. I also sold a '09 to upgrade to a new [used] '15A.

Enjoy the new ride, it's a nice improvement.

--G

Congrats! I love love love my 2015. I love it even more now that I the snow is gone and my seat rebuild from Rich's Custom Seats is installed. I did a 300 mile loop through the Black Hills last weekend with no stops. Finally my butt has the same range as my tank! Enjoy.

Jeff, I have to say thanks. If you hadn't listed your old bike, I'd never have ended up with my new 2015 FJR1300ES. Theresa and I would have sold our Beemers and given up riding. She saw how much I lusted after your old bike, but laid down the law that it had to be a new one with a good warranty. I've learned not to argue with her when she tries to convince me to do what I want to do anyways!

Love the bike, except the windshield is rather small. Working on a list of "improvements." Want to get a few hundred miles but have already ordered a better windscreen.