NAFO 2016 Registration - Questions / Issues thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
The NAFO 2016 registration page is open now. I'm starting this thread as a place for anyone who has a specific question about registration or has an issue with registering. Please keep the general chatter about the event on the main NAFO 2016 thread.

Registration Link

A couple of notes about the information being collected during registration.

- Emergency Contact information.

I collect this information - name, cell phone # - in case someone has bad day. After EOM 2015, I / we used it to get in contact with a rider's emergency contact after we found out he went down on the way home. We connected a local rider with him (Thanks again, Bob!!) who helped out with getting gear off the wrecked bike and also made the time to visit. I can tell you from personal experience that there is no better moral boost when you're in that situation than to know there are people here pulling for you. I do not publish or share the name or phone information publicly, and it is deleted once the event is over and everyone is home.

- Address / Location Information

I collect the address data as a means to build the neat google heat maps to show where everyone is coming from. The event page will not let me cut off the street address. All I really need is the city, state, and zipcode for the heat map image. So, if you'd rather not put your street address in, that's fine. But if you omit your city, state, and zipcode, please don't ask why there is no little dot on the map for your address.

- Forms of payment

The default form of payment is via PayPal. If you're unable or unwilling to use that method of payment, please PM me directly and we will work something out.

-Refunds

As with any event or plan, things change; we get that. We will consider refund requests on a case by case basis. Please understand that materials for the event are purchased ahead of time and in quantities based on attendance numbers from registration. If these things have already been purchased, our ability to provide a refund can be limited because the money has already been spent. Please contact us (hotrodzilla, 0Face, extrememarine) directly to discuss refunds.

I will continue to build this first post as a FAQ for registration as questions / issues come in.

- Wayne

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HotRodZilla" data-cid="1313451" data-time="1464239178"><p>

Shit...I have to register, again!</p></blockquote>

HRZ. Error 404 registration deleted.

I think they are trying to tell you something.😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a separate thread for room shares? Single guys want to know ....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1316997" data-time="1465499549"><p>

The registration was a seamless and easy process. Thanks for doing the hard work to make this run!</p></blockquote>

What the hell John, I thought you were going to be too busy selling windshields to the pirates at Sturgis to attend NAFO.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1316997" data-time="1465499549"><p>The registration was a seamless and easy process. Thanks for doing the hard work to make this run!</p></blockquote>

What the hell John, I thought you were going to be too busy selling windshields to the pirates at Sturgis to attend NAFO.
The Memphis Shades Boss made a recalculation on the dates he was going to be in Sturgis after i pointed out that he was planning on coming a week early
smile.png
thus I will get to ride the fabulous roads of Southern Colorado, and I'm dragging a BMW riding friend along as a personal guide!

OK EVERYONE, THIS IS MY LAST COMMUNICATION ABOUT THIS. I HAVE TWO XL SHIRTS LEFT. IF ONE OF THEM BELONGS TO YOU, YOU HAVE UNTIL 0800 MST TO CLAIM IT. THEN THEY ARE GETTING SENT AWAY TO BE AUCTIONED OFF.

DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME 4 MONTHS FROM NOW THAT YOU NEVER GOT YOUR SHIRT. THIS IS AT LEAST THE 5TH MESSAGE I HAVE SENT ABOUT ABOUT THE SAME THING.

After 0800 on 08/30/16, these are gone...AND, I was yelling up there on purpose.

**** deleted ****

Sometimes, my own stupidity amazes me.

Shirts are GONE! Bug, your $5 bid was outbid. Lol...The reason KTM owners are so cheap is because we spent so much money getting on our ride. Fuck it. As cool as my KTM is, it was totally worth it! Now, about those Ramen Noodles for dinner....