Ride To Eat - Solomon's Castle May 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, Lets have another RTE !

I have tried to be aware of the Tech gatherings that are happening over the next 30 days and mothers day, but I wanted to get this rolling before it gets HOT.

https://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt129/101stpathfinder/f3651339bb98adfae5ea19f58906f40c_zpslu7tap3p.jpeg

RTE: May 14, 12:00 (Noon) Solomon's Castle (Boat in the Moat)

This will be a challenge to find, but also something very different and unique.

Web site:

Home

N 27 22'.56" W 81 58' 37.03"

Address: 4533 Solomon Rd, On a, FL 33865

Google Maps

There are some nice roads in the area, so I thought a noon time lunch could work well with some creative routes to the castle.

If you are coming from the east (As I am) stay off #70 as I have found #64 to be much better. Or get creative and take county roads

all the way!

Hope to see you there!

-Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I called ahead and spoke with them and we are cleared for landing.

post up and I will add your name to list.

Rider List:

Pathfinder With Wife

fljab

LKLD With Wife

jgreen

majicmaker

danh600 With Mrs danh600

Garyahouse

Miss LKLD

Pete with Wife

We are in!

I agree with Tony. Stay off 70! it's not a fun road on a motorcycle. Long, straight and two lanes in lots of places. There are passing zones that just create chaos.

If you are coming from the east you could do a nice ride on US98, then a couple scenic roads that take you just east of Sebring and Avon park. Then over to 64 like Tony said.

You could take 66 and those curvy roads that we took the other day.

You could even drop South and go around the west side of the lake. Highway 78 that follows the river on the north side is a much nicer ride on a bike then SR80. You could take that and then go up.

Tons of riding possibilities.

BTW- I forgot to mention

No Credit Cards Accepted At Solomon's

Well, that puts me out. I was going to make it, but since they are no plastic, I am out.

-That comment, made me feel kind of like Wheatie!!
no.gif

Been there several times and it's always been good. I normally just have a sandwich of some type. They have all been good.

Pie is not always my favorite but that Walnut pie is great. Most Pecan pies are too sweet for me. The Walnut they make there is just right, plus it has ice

cream.

In fact, we are going this weekend. My wife planned a group ride there with one of her riding groups.

Has anyone contacted Gary about this RTE?
Thanks for thinking of me. Count me in. Haven't seen you fellers in a while. I need to get out and get some fresh air. Maybe I can talk to Jason Joens about coming. He's a forum member as well: lives close to me. Thanks Rob for the PM. I appreciate being kept in the loop. Seems like I don't frequent the forum as much as I once did... MY BAD.

And thanks for doing this on a Saturday rather than a Sunday. Sundays are very busy days for me.

Gary

darksider #44

Add my daughter (Miss LKLD) to the fray. Between school (USF) and work, she hasn't ridden much. She's eager to get on the bike again.

Also, my friend Pete and his wife are planning on going, Pete had the Tenere at the last RTE. He's joined the forum, but hasn't posted yet, the slacker. :not_i: